CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Puig Touring Windscreen on my 2016, faired CTX700.

Here is the model I have: Puig Touring Windscreen Honda CTX700 2014-2017 | 5% ($8.97) Off! - RevZilla

It has terrible buffeting and I've only 5' 7". I first bought a smaller, adjustable wind deflector and it impoved the buffeting, but it was too small. I then made a windshield extension that I bolted on with three bolts and it helped a lot more, but the bolts are in my line of sight and dirt accumulated between the windshield and the extension.

Has anybody tried the Laminar windscreen extension on the Puig Touring Windscreen? If so what model did you get and what was your impressions of their product. I tried to contact Laminar and they did not know if their products would fit it or not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have a read through this thread before spending a lot of money on a brand name extension.

Safe riding!

-Sloppy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a read through this thread before spending a lot of money on a brand name extension.

Safe riding!

-Sloppy
I bought that same wind deflector that you have and it worked ok but was too small. Any slight side wind and it was useless.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The problem of helmet buffeting is not a cut and dried issue, what works for one person may not correct another's ailments. Some issues are: windshields, helmets and the turbulence created by the air coming up from the road. Most of us don't have the time or money for extensive experiments, and help from others is often valuable. Some things I have done is; pull my helmet down further toward my chin (helps with noise also), tried more than one windshield (can get expensive) and I'm about to install some handguards to see if that will redirect some of the air.
You may need to experiment with home made (temporary) pieces from inexpensive materials to help understand your problem. As for your question, I thought you were inquiring about those deflectors that can be added to your existing windshield, some of those can be had for as little as $30 from online retailers which would not be such an expensive investment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts