CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Rochester locals will have fond memories of this 5 mile ride along Lake Ontario to Irondequoit Bay. The Bay Outlet Bridge is closed to auto traffic in the Summer so boats can go from the Bay to Lake Ontario. Being an engineer, I love watching them open the bridge to traffic in the Fall. It's a swing-over cantilever design. Not much for an old retiree who loves his CTX to do with the pandemic going on, so I took some video of the ride.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
I live out in Gates, so my usual "short ride" is on the other side. Get on Edgemere Drive at Braddocks bay, ride along the coast road thru Charlotte, dip down Lake Ave to Durand-Eastman park, buzz thru to Seabreeze, turn around and come thru Kings Highway and head home.

2 years ago I managed to get in a late season ride after the bridge re-opened, and made it to Ginna - and then the batteries on my headset died (bad planning on charging), so I turned around and rode home with no more tunes. That's a gorgeous ride on that side of the bridge

I want to make the next ride over there all the way to Sodus Point.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'll have to do that westside ride next time. I'm not far from the lift bridge to Lake Ave. Don't forget to stop at Don and Bob's restaurant down by Seabreeze.(y)
That Ginna powerplant is part of my Pultneyville ride.:)

Reactions: kawvulcan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Living near Braddock Bay I do the west side ride a couple times a week. Last week the road by Charlotte Beach was milled and under repair, so be aware.

Reactions: Professor*76

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Living near Braddock Bay I do the west side ride a couple times a week. Last week the road by Charlotte Beach was milled and under repair, so be aware.
I rode it on Friday...one lane in each direction on Lake Ave. from Latta Rd to the beach. Slow, but a nice ride anyway. Stopped for a bite at the Schallers on Edgemere. (y)

Reactions: kawvulcan

·
Registered
59 Posts
We must have just missed each other. I picked up a "to go" order at Schaller's for lunch on Friday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts