CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTX700D
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my KonTour seat last week, and I couldn’t be happier with it. I know there are innumerable discussions here about Laam, Corbin, etc., and their products must be very well-made. I was told about KonTour by some BMW riders. KonTour takes your OEM seat, applies layers of various materials, and covers it with a proprietary fabric. This is a true custom job, with your weight, desired sitting height and fore-aft position entered into the process. They even send an imprint film for you to sit on so the cushioning is optimally located. Certainly worth consideration for those looking for a new seat.

KonTour Seat | Air Cooled Motorcycle Seat

Pictures of mine are in the Garage.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Looks good. What was the price and the turn-around time?

Reactions: Ruby and jgrandmont

·
Registered
869 Posts
Looks good. What was the price and the turn-around time?
Website shows the following:

Most dual seats (one piece Driver and Pillion): $575.00 to $875.00 with the driver and passenger section rebuilt to KonTour Specifiation, $100.00 to $200.00 less with the passenger section recovered to match.

Most Large Touring Bikes like the Can Am Spyder, BMW K1200LT or Honda GL1800: $575.00 each for the driver and passenger rebuilt to KonTour Specification, $350.00 to recover the pillion section to match without any foam modifications. The GL1800 is is available only with full KonTour Specification rebuild of both sections. For riders from 225 to 350 lbs. or serious distance riders - no matter what your weight - we recommend considering our MAGNUM design which adds outrigger wings made from a high density composite. This configuration will spread pressure over a greater surface area and is up to 4" wider in the rear of the seat. Add $200.00 for each seat built to MAGNUM specification.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I received my KonTour seat last week, and I couldn’t be happier with it. I know there are innumerable discussions here about Laam, Corbin, etc., and their products must be very well-made. I was told about KonTour by some BMW riders. KonTour takes your OEM seat, applies layers of various materials, and covers it with a proprietary fabric. This is a true custom job, with your weight, desired sitting height and fore-aft position entered into the process. They even send an imprint film for you to sit on so the cushioning is optimally located. Certainly worth consideration for those looking for a new seat.

KonTour Seat | Air Cooled Motorcycle Seat

Pictures of mine are in the Garage.
Thanks for sharing...definitely worth considering....I like to take long trips...thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Website shows the following:

Most dual seats (one piece Driver and Pillion): $575.00 to $875.00 with the driver and passenger section rebuilt to KonTour Specifiation, $100.00 to $200.00 less with the passenger section recovered to match.

Most Large Touring Bikes like the Can Am Spyder, BMW K1200LT or Honda GL1800: $575.00 each for the driver and passenger rebuilt to KonTour Specification, $350.00 to recover the pillion section to match without any foam modifications. The GL1800 is is available only with full KonTour Specification rebuild of both sections. For riders from 225 to 350 lbs. or serious distance riders - no matter what your weight - we recommend considering our MAGNUM design which adds outrigger wings made from a high density composite. This configuration will spread pressure over a greater surface area and is up to 4" wider in the rear of the seat. Add $200.00 for each seat built to MAGNUM specification.
thanks for sharing...great info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts