CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in the break-in phase with my CTX700ND. I am 6'-2" and my knees are resting on the outside of the plastic moulding on the sides of the tank. I love the bike and very happy with the handling, power and DCT. But I am not happy with tupperware around the tank.

I have wobbled a couple of times now trying to get my foot off of the peg, only to catch my knee on the fairing. Has anyone considered customizing the side tank covers to get a more "long legged" friendly tank? Other options would be to shift the foot pegs out another inch or so, or maybe a custom seat that moved the butt back a little.

Ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have not ridden one yet but notice the same thing sitting on it on the showroom floor. I am 6'1" and am going to be really close. I am thinking our best bet is going to be an aftermarket seat that moves you back a little more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am 6ft and a bit and ride the naked version of the CTX. I will be putting the Madstad adjustable windscreen on when it is available ( now in testing stage). The naked version has no such issues... Just saying the naked version is an option.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I ride kind of bow legged as I don't like to be up against the tank. If you have the CTX700ND then you have the naked bike so maybe try knees out but your idea of modifying the seat is always an option. Take it to a upholstery shop and they can pull the cover, cut the foam and make the change for you at lower cost. You can always get another seat someday off ebay if you want to put it back stock. another option would be to put more padding on the seat raising you up some reducing the bend in our knees. Your idea of extending the pegs outward might help but the controls would stay put so I think you would be pigeon toed some.

modifying the plastic sides would be expensive or cost you another set of sides to modify. I doubt that any aftermarket company would be venturing out to make different ones. You could remove them and make custom sides that might not stick out as far.

good luck experimenting

Reactions: mandavdle

·
Registered
975 Posts
I tried this one-leg-out and even both-legs out method going down the highway yesterday, and while I did notice a slight change in the sound of the air pushing on me, I couldn't tell that it made it really mad much of a difference for me on the fairing model with the shorty screen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
6' 2" here 34 inseam

When I have my feet centered on the pegs (can't reach the R brake) my knees fit perfectly into the tank hollow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts