CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello any of you lovely Kiwis on this forum! I am booking a New Zealand South Island tour for March 2020. Does anyone want to join me for a bit of riding?

I'm renting a BMWF700 factory lowered with a low seat for a 735mm seat height (about 29") from Kiwi Motorcycle Rentals.

Tour Dates: March 17, 2020 to about April 1 - a fifteen day tour of the South Island.

Kiwis, feel free to respond to this post and we'll exchange contact info so you can flick me an email! It is a pity I can't find a CTX700 to rent, but at least I'll have a sport touring model!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Rebel13 and @BobWitte, with my sky miles the flight is $70 round trip to NZ. I saved $6K for a 15-day tour, including accommodations.

But bad news - they miscalculated the seat height. They said 735mm, which is 29 inches. it is really 765 mm, or 30 inches. That is TOO TALL for me.

I will bring my tall "goth" boots with the 3" heel and 1.5" platform under the ball of the foot to a motorcycle dealership this week and test to see if I can get my toe under the shifter peg. If yes, I'll book the trip. if no, I'll save al that money to trailer Scarlett a few nice places in 2020, fly to meet her with my sky miles, tour the area and then ride home. At least ride the fun parts home. If it is a big highway slog, I'll just ship her back.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
That is a killer deal for the flight, saving over $1,800! Bare in mind the cost of living there is still high. You need to learn how to ride a tall-er bike, a 30" standard bike is no big deal, it is about standard, if not on the low side already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts