CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG. Two words:

Comfortable. Effortless.

I had concerns about reaching the controls [29" inseam and about 5'3 .. tad taller with boots] but was I was able to reach.

Such an easy bike to ride !!! Loved it.

They only had the N's and I want the 'bagger' version. I began the process of trading my current bike for the 'bagger'.

They have two N's on the floor --- this is at Maxim Honda in Allen, TX.

Suzanne

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Yeah! Texas girl! I just went to my dealership in Palestine & they don't have one yet. Told them to call me as soon as they get it in and set up. I also want the fairing model with DCT. The DCT would make the ride better for me as I have the beginnings of arthritis. We may have to meet up someplace when we get them. Congrats on the first real review here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also want the fairing model with DCT. The DCT would make the ride better for me as I have the beginnings of arthritis. We may have to meet up someplace when we get them. Congrats on the first real review here.
The clutch was sooo easy to pull. If my hands were bigger I could have pulled it with my pinkie. But, I do understand creaky joints :)

Hopefully your dealer will get one soon. I was initially told they weren't shipping until the 28th. Then I got a call yesterday that they had two on the floor.

Suzanne

·
Registered
975 Posts
Everyone should take note that Honda has released shipping information on these four models, and that the CTX700Ns (both D and standard) are being shipped now. The D is available only in black. The standard is available in red or black.

The CTX700, bagger as one calls it, is not expected to start shipping to dealers until some time in July. It will be available initially in only red with the standard and DCT/ABS and later on will be available in white, but, if you want DCT/ABS, you'll still have to have a red one.

For those of us who want the touring version, we're just going to have to be patient I guess. The dealers say that Honda is rushing all of them due to the amount of interest in them nation wide.

I'm trying to sell a scooter with no luck. I'll probably end up giving it away in a trade. The scooter is only a year old and a great, popular scooter with lots of buzz about it with scooter enthusiasts, but it's hard to sell a late model maxi scooter for $4,000 plus as a private seller. Scooter seekers are usually looking for cheaper options when they're looking out to private sellers, so I'm kind of in a predicament. Got to have the CTX700 though, so it is what it is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CTX700, bagger as one calls it, is not expected to start shipping to dealers until some time in July. It will be available initially in only red with the standard and DCT/ABS and later on will be available in white, but, if you want DCT/ABS, you'll still have to have a red one.

For those of us who want the touring version, we're just going to have to be patient I guess. The dealers say that Honda is rushing all of them due to the amount of interest in them nation wide.
QUOTE]

July? Bummer !!!

Suzanne

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm trying to sell a scooter with no luck. I'll probably end up giving it away in a trade. The scooter is only a year old and a great, popular scooter with lots of buzz about it with scooter enthusiasts, but it's hard to sell a late model maxi scooter for $4,000 plus as a private seller. Scooter seekers are usually looking for cheaper options when they're looking out to private sellers, so I'm kind of in a predicament. Got to have the CTX700 though, so it is what it is.
I sold my 2009 Burgman 400 for $4500.00 last month, via Craigslist, so it can be done.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I sold my 2009 Burgman 400 for $4500.00 last month, via Craigslist, so it can be done.
Oh yes. I agree it's possible, but all the stars need to line up. I actually nearly had it sold. The guy was in Ashville, NC. I was going to meet him nearly half way in Knoxville, since my extended family lives there, but he was offered a new Kymco People 300i, 2012 model from dealer stock, for $4700 out the door. That scooter has an MSRP of $5399 and that's before taxes, paperwork and shipping, so he got about $2000 off a brand-new scooter and paid only $200 more than I was asking for a one-year-old comparable.

The reason I'm discouraged is the lack of interest. In three weeks, only 2 inquiries total.

I think part of the problem is that you're up against other choices out there no matter what your taking off your price compared to the original MSRP price. Evidently, the market has been softened on price due to, in part, that some price lowering is going on with the big three metric companies on new bikes that are stale models to make room for all-new designs, and to add to that, there is a price war on what the metrics can offer on the all-new designs. For instance, Honda will no longer market the NTV700 but now they have an NC700X, and even though they don't exactly do the same thing or have the same standard features, they still end up with two equal-displacement bikes, with similar styles, sitting next to each other with the brand-new design being much cheaper than what the original price of the old model was. I think this strategy by Honda to get more folks on bikes by offering lower price points on their new designs at the entry level is depressing everything that happened before it including my scooter.

I saw a used, '09, Suzuki V-Strom 650 in the paper with only 250 miles on it listed @ $6999. This is $3,000 or 40% off the new MSRP of this bike, and yet, because of the deals one can get from many dealers off these MSRP's, this guy has not sold even with this great deal.

But I'll keep trying. If I want the new CTX700, I've got to no longer own the BV350, so I'll have to let it go one way or another.

·
Registered
60 Posts
OMG. Two words:

Comfortable. Effortless.

I had concerns about reaching the controls [29" inseam and about 5'3 .. tad taller with boots] but was I was able to reach.

They only had the N's and I want the 'bagger' version. I began the process of trading my current bike for the 'bagger'.

Suzanne
Awesome. Good to hear someone has actually seen one in dealerships already, let alone give it a ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw the same 2 at Maxim in Allen. They are very comfortable and they looked great in person. I would like to have one, but I opted for the 2013 NC700X because I have a cruiser style bike just waiting for me to get my skill level up =)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw the same 2 at Maxim in Allen. They are very comfortable and they looked great in person. I would like to have one, but I opted for the 2013 NC700X because I have a cruiser style bike just waiting for me to get my skill level up =)
I've also been looking at that bike, how do you find it?

Wouldn't it be easier to ride a cruiser instead of a sport bike? So wouldn't it better to buy the CTX first?

·
Registered
46 Posts
OMG. Two words:

Comfortable. Effortless.

Suzanne
congrats and thanks for the info.

At least now for the rest of the members on here we have a baseline for height to work with on the CTX700.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No test ride yet, but have the D on order. Ordered the bags as well, which may be here before the bike itself. EarsFlappn - lucky you!! I can't wait. I did get to just sit on the N, I am a bit shorter than you at just 5' so I have to do the tippy toe thing, but it just felt so right. I have purchased my other bikes the same when, when I sit on a bike and my heart starts to beat a bit faster, I just know. So the deposit was made and now I just wait. Congrats on first ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have purchased my other bikes the same when, when I sit on a bike and my heart starts to beat a bit faster, I just know. So the deposit was made and now I just wait. Congrats on first ride.
The bike speaks to you ..no doubt about that. I've also bought my previous bikes the same way. How long will you have to wait to get yours ?

Suzanne

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am hoping to make this my first motorcycle. 5'5 with a 30'' inseam I hope to have no problem flat footing and reaching the foot pegs. Really hoping the fairing version comes out soon.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I am hoping to make this my first motorcycle. 5'5 with a 30'' inseam I hope to have no problem flat footing and reaching the foot pegs. Really hoping the fairing version comes out soon.
A member has reported on another thread that he or she has a confirmed delivery date from Honda to his or her dealer on July 26 with regards to fairing model. The dealer said it could come in before that date, but I doubt any of us are going to see one for sale this month. Probably, if I were guessing, mid July at the earliest.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You should have not problem with reach Heathen. My wife sat on one and she is 5' with a shorter inseam and it fit her very well. The bike is very well balanced too which will help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't had a chance to ride one, but I did get to sit on a 700N yesterday for the first time. PERFECT FIT! I've got a 31 inch inseam and they couldn't have put the pegs in a better place. The center of gravity on this thing is even lower than my Burgman. I can't wait until July when my faired model gets here!

·
Registered
216 Posts
We were told that my D on order may be here by mid June, however, we have already planned our summer motorcycle journey to begin around that time, heading up to Alabama, North Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky....so we may not be here when it gets in. My saddlebags are already here, pick them up this week.

The owner was kind enough to come over and chat with us when we put the deposit down, a call to him will be in order. I do not want the bike uncrated and put on showroom floor, I want to to be there to see it prepped and ride it off the lot.

Can't wait for everyone to get their rides and start posting ride reports. Truly excited about this new line from Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've also been looking at that bike, how do you find it?

Wouldn't it be easier to ride a cruiser instead of a sport bike? So wouldn't it better to buy the CTX first?
TWIN I love the NC700X. It has great gas mileage and I the huge frunk has been very useful. The DCT is simply amazing, I think all bikes should have this option. The CTX ofcourse does and I did like the feel of it, however I have a Harley NRS and that will be enough cruiser for me.

Now if I wind up selling my Harley I may pick up the CTX to fill my cruiser void ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts