CTX 700 Forum banner

Just picked up a new 2014 ctx700 need some help on parts

804 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jobesmirage 
#1 ·
Just picked up this 2014 ctx700N with less than 5000 miles on it, but the original owner laid it down so now I need to hunt down some replacement parts. He had a TRex engine guard on it which probably save the bike from a lot worse damage then it has. Looking for the best place to hunt down the usual parts in this situation. turn signal, clutch handle, mirror, and looking for recommendations on the best tires to put on this.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Welcome Skiandride! Good luck with your parts hunting, hopefully nothing more expensive needs replacing. Maybe some local shops/dealers could offer some advice (salvage "yards"?) or some nice folks here may have something for sale.
"Laid it down" means "I crashed"...been there, done that.o_O:cry:(n);)

#5 ·
Turn signals can be found for cheap on eBAY and they work well enough. Same with the clutch handle and mirrors. These can all be found, however if you want OEM parts the parts are interchangeable with CBR500 often times and they are some reason cheaper than the CTX parts. Just look up the parts numbers to make sure.

Finally for tires I like the Michelin Pilots for rain safety and general use on NYC streets. There are cheaper ones out there but Ive found the best performance with these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.