CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I wanted to ride, but the best I could do was give Spirit III a little TLC! This was the little around town bike that got me to think bigger and ultimately to buy my CTX700N. Here is a short clip of the spring cleaning and start-up! I hope this gets you thinking about riding and spring!

Jimmy H.

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jimmy, I have not seen anything like this. Please tell about it. Is it a motorcycle, a moped or bicycle? The engine, cubic inches, four stroke, hp, speed? I remember a French Velosolex from the '50s, but your bike looks mote real.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/e7/7c/cfe77cc3bc777f025af98259a631a5bb.jpg

I think it would be classified as a moped since there are pedal assists. I assume that thing in the front is some sort of rechargeable motor.
Sorry, I expressed it poorly, actually I was interested in Jimmy's bike and added the photo, because the bicycle in the photo was the only bicycle I have seen with engine and pedals.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Not sure whether to take the bike out for a spin. If I am not going to one of the designated places, it could be a problem. And the weather is great.
GO for it!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I want one of these:

It is a work of art, and a method of committing suicide :)

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Phantom Ghost 26 is a motorbike with a fuel tank integrated into the aluminum bike frame. It has a Chinese 4 cycle engine making less than 4 hp and it has a centrifugal clutch. The bike weighs about 80 pounds and is really fun to ride and a show stopper on the street! The engine has a magneto which powers the two lights, but I added a battery for camera power and a horn! This type of a bike can be operated in this state, as in many others by anyone over 16 years of age. However, the motorbike must be registered and insured as a motor vehicle here. The other significant restriction is that this type of vehicle cannot have a top speed greater than 29 miles per hour. There are many variants of this type or motorbike being created in American but made in China. I have posted several ride videos made over the year that I actively rode it and if I can find the link from Jay Leno's Garage website, I'll post it here!

I am not sure I'll ever part with it! It is still too much fun to give up!

Jimmy

·
Registered
383 Posts
I will be out biking this weekend. According to the executive order in Florida, participating in recreational activities (consistent with social distancing guidelines) such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming is allowed. These are only examples and riding a motorcycle is (consistent with social distancing guidelines). Police here have been quoted as saying that they will not be stopping people simply to ask where they are going.

Say I want to ride over to Davis Island to check in on Arod and Jlo. If I get stopped all I have to say is I am headed over to Thai Island Restaurant on Davis Blvd, for some Tom Kha Gai take out. What’s the point of keeping restaurants open for take out if you can’t ride over there to get your take out?;)

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I will be out biking this weekend. According to the executive order in Florida, participating in recreational activities (consistent with social distancing guidelines) such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming is allowed. These are only examples and riding a motorcycle is (consistent with social distancing guidelines). Police here have been quoted as saying that they will not be stopping people simply to ask where they are going.

Say I want to ride over to Davis Island to check in on Arod and Jlo. If I get stopped all I have to say is I am headed over to Thai Island Restaurant on Davis Blvd, for some Tom Kha Gai take out. What’s the point of keeping restaurants open for take out if you can’t ride over there to get your take out?;)
Amen!:)

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I finally received my Fehling crash bars. If the temp gets up to 60 degrees, I may get out there and install them. I'll ride anyway though...wind therapy is much needed.;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I finally received my Fehling crash bars. If the temp gets up to 60 degrees, I may get out there and install them. I'll ride anyway though...wind therapy is much needed.;)
I purchased the Fehling crash guards on 6/19/18 from Motea and they look as good today as the day I bought them. The fit and finish is exceptional and I don’t even notice they are there. Would gladly purchase again to replace if necessary. Farfegnugen!!;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts