CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I just downsized from a 810 sqft garage to a 195 sqft garage I have to share with my wife's KIA. In the course of unpacking, I came across the STS system I own. I bought it, the Smart Turn System ( Smart Turn System - Motorcycle turn signal module ) about a year or two ago and never got around to even taking it out of the package. It looks like they are going for about $80 now, but I paid $99 for it plus shipping, but have decided to remove it from my "future project" list inasmuch as I really hate doing electrical stuff.

So here's the chance for someone to get this kit for only $60 including US Postal Flat Rate shipping to anywhere the USPS services. PM me for my PayPal address.
馃槑

Registered
I am in the process of trying to help another member figure out the proper wire connections for this... As soon as I get it sorted, I will see about posting what wires and where on the bike to tap into the electrical.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the process of trying to help another member figure out the proper wire connections for this... As soon as I get it sorted, I will see about posting what wires and where on the bike to tap into the electrical.
Thanks for the info, but for me, despite the mfg's assurance, I'm not 100% sure that this thing will work on my trike. After all, the trike does not lean and I'd hate to go thru the misery of the install only to find out it won't work right or at least work consistently.

I'm looking forward to your guidance however, since I have some leftover LED light strips and plan to install 12 inches or so in the speedo area and hook one of them into the blinker wires. That way I can't miss that the turn signals are engaged.

Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :鈥-( ]
Yeah I wouldn鈥檛 think it would work on a trike either. Unfortunately I already bought one, or I鈥檇 take that $60 deal. I hope it鈥檚 an easier install than folks think it will be. 炉\(銉)/炉 I dunno.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I wouldn鈥檛 think it would work on a trike either. Unfortunately I already bought one, or I鈥檇 take that $60 deal. I hope it鈥檚 an easier install than folks think it will be. 炉\(銉)/炉 I dunno.
STS assured me it would work and If it were less challenging an install, I might have given it a try. But like I said, I really hate messing with electrical stuff.

Registered
It looks like you will want to connect at the 14P connector below the gas tank on the left side. (See page 32 of the service manual.)
Orange = Right Turn
Light Blue = Left Turn
Purple/Blue = accessory/switched power
Green = Ground
Gray = Neutral/Load of the flasher relay.

You MAY also be able to tie into the harness at the flasher relay for the switched power, ground, and load. Then also tie into my harness for the Right and Left Turn signals. This secondary mounting location is not ideal as you will be tying into two different harnesses in a much smaller location...

Registered
When you get it sorted let me know. I might install one. Thanks

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you change your mind, Bob, I can find time to come up and give you a hand on the install.
It is a long way between thee & me so let us see if someone else can use it first. But if not, I'd be happy to take you up on your offer (assuming it can stand the fact that I am FSU Class of 1967!! :eek:)

Registered
You're near Tampa correct? Not bad at all. Pre-covid we were up that way quite a bit. Open offer. We'll make it work if you need the help.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're near Tampa correct? Not bad at all. Pre-covid we were up that way quite a bit. Open offer. We'll make it work if you need the help.
With electrical, I always need help!! But like I said, let's see if someone wants it for Christmas. Regardless, let's look forward to you coming up in the 1st Quarter for a meet & greet with a few of us up here!

We are 2 or 3 miles north of SR52 (Exit 285 on I-75) on the County Line Road between Pasco & Hernando counties. From I-75 you would head west on SR52 until US41. Turn right onto 41 (going north) and then left on County Line (heading west) until almost to US19. My senior ghetto is called Heritage Pines (where the average age is "almost dead"). Heritage Pines is on the south side of County Line just before getting to US19. It is about 40 miles N, NE of downtown Tampa.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still available?
It will be once I can find it. It has since "gone astray" in our relocation. I just spent 30 minutes tearing thru my office (where it has lived since I bought it!) and cannot lay my hands upon it. But if you are really interested, I'll make more of an effort to find it for you in the coming days. Let me know.

Registered
It will be once I can find it. It has since "gone astray" in our relocation. I just spent 30 minutes tearing thru my office (where it has lived since I bought it!) and cannot lay my hands upon it. But if you are really interested, I'll make more of an effort to find it for you in the coming days. Let me know.
Yeah if you find it I want it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts