CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
Put on 80 miles. Some observations:
I am 5'7" tall with a 29" inseam. Have the tall windshield it does not stop helmet buffeting at speeds greater than 60mph. It will take pressure off of your torso at speeds greater than 60mph. If you want to save money go with the short standard screen until an after market one comes out.

Love the paddle shifters, but the additional two switches to change modes is not a good design (it should have been done with a three place rocker switch on the left handle) but I can live with it. I miss the flash to pass switch that is usually on the left switchgear. I had a Burgman 650 Exec with simpler controls. Watch out for the colored add-on panels for the bags one of mine was coming loose when I got home.

:eek::)

Reactions: Kirstenparks

·
Registered
97 Posts
What holds the colored panels on the bags? My bags and rack are on order...

·
Registered
178 Posts
i have not gotten the panels on yet. wondered about that tape. i have some 3m auto trim double sided tape and was thinking about using it. after all if it holds car trim it should hold that plastic.

congrats on the new ride. i was so happy to get mine last week. 100 miles just to get the dew off shine. hahaha

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rode 250 miles today with my group on back country roads (60-65 mpg avg) .
Observations:
Really like the bike, a good choice for me.
Driving modes, D is like a minivan, S is more like a fast car, manual is like a motorcycle. There is one thing about using the paddles in D or S mode. I was down shifting and stopped, when I started out again it seemed to stay in gear (lets say 2 or 3rd). To make it change gears I up shifted the paddle. I will check this out some more. Normal riding the D or S mode goes back to normal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tape and a screw? For that price? OMG! Sounds like I need to pick up some 3m tape.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bags just showed up and they have double side tape already in the inside of the decorative panels. Looks like the screw goes from the inside of the bag and into the panel, pulling it toward the bag. The bag has a varying height all around where the pre-installed double sides tape would adhere to the bag. Doesn't look like it would make real solid contact all the way around. Debating right now as to whether or not I'll even use the panels... I probably will, but a might stick them on some other way, or with some additional tape in the low spots. Wife's bike, and she wants them on. So...

Take care.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Wheels,

Wheels Said:
> There is one thing about using the paddles in D or S mode. I was down shifting and stopped, when I started out again it seemed to stay in gear (lets say 2 or 3rd). To make it change gears I up shifted the paddle. I will check this out some more. Normal riding the D or S mode goes back to normal.

This doesn't sound right to me. After stopping in any mode my dct goes to first gear. If yours doesn't do that, you might have a problem (that is, if I understood your description properly).

*** tony (MisterHand)

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After more riding and using all of the modes, it was rider error on my part.

IMO, subjective impression, it seems to shifter smoother and quicker with the paddles than in auto mode.

Rode 400 miles (10 hours) yesterday, helmet noise ... will probably go to ear plugs which I don't like. Grips, hmmm maybe a foam sleeve on top, definitely need to get a throttle lock. Footpegs are good but I like to have something underneath me. I switch a bit to the passenger pegs but thats a pretzel. Will have to ruminate on installing mini or full footboards. Surprise my butt wasn't sore, exercise and riding time do make a difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts