CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought about Cycle Gear.
I don't want this to sound like an advertisement, but here we have a company that exists to cater to us, the motorcycle riding community, and offer an alternative to the sometimes severely over priced dealer accessories.
Over the several years I have bought many things there. Loading ramps, chains, security chains, tires, Helmets, gloves, the list goes on.
It is truly nice to have a store nearby that caters to our hobby. The manager and asst mgr in my local store both ride as does the asst mgr's father.
They are a part of our riding community as well as sellers and servers.
Just a thought. But if we do not support an enterprise like this, they shrivel up and go out of business, and our choices are severely limited.

just a thought..........................................

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am familiar with all the Motosports.com, Motorcycle Superstores, JPCycles, Leatherup, and all the rest, and i have ordered from most of them.
Just a thought about going to a store and trying on a jacket, or such,
that's all....................

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've visited a couple of Cycle Gear stores near me and purchased my jacket, pants and riding protection there. I love it that you can order from their site and return to their stores with no hassles. Definitely recommend the place!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I’m glad Cycle Gear opened about a month ago here. The closest one was 70mi. away.

The only negative is the tax added when buying from the store.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I’m glad Cycle Gear opened about a month ago here. The closest one was 70mi. away.

It is worth paying the tax just to have the convenience of a store to walk into.
I like being able to try stuff on,looking at the actual product,etc.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts

The tax goes to help,your state, and local community. When nobody pays sales tax, the government entities will have to tax you in a different way.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The tax goes to help,your state, and local community. When nobody pays sales tax, the government entities will have to tax you in a different way.
They will do that regardless if you buy local or not....

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
No argument here. Never cheated on my taxes, never will. Never used bogus deductions, that I definitelly can for “expenses.” I pay my dues and I expect some returns. That will be hypocritical from someone who firmly believes services are provided from tax money, as opposed to those who believe streets, roads, police, etc., etc., will take care of themselves abolishing “government.”

·
Registered
817 Posts
No argument here. Never cheated on my taxes, never will. Never used bogus deductions, that I definitelly can for “expenses.” I pay my dues and I expect some returns. That will be hypocritical from someone who firmly believes services are provided from tax money, as opposed to those who believe streets, roads, police, etc., etc., will take care of themselves abolishing “government.”
Couldn't agree more

·
Registered
137 Posts

If you can wait a few days order online, save on sales tax and gas to make the trip to and from the store. Don't worry about the state and town losing revenue were are taxed enough already, besides some other guy will shop there and he'll pay the sales tax.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this paddock stand one of the better deals?

If you can wait a few days order online, save on sales tax and gas to make the trip to and from the store. Don't worry about the state and town losing revenue were are taxed enough already, besides some other guy will shop there and he'll pay the sales tax.
Going to spring for a stand for my dct. Cleaning the chain is a nightmare and don't want to hassle with a centerstand and cost, unless someone can convince otherwise. So sounds like this stand is one of the better deals since on sale at cycle gear? Any comments? Thanks in advance.
https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/trackside-rear-paddock-stand

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nearest Cycle Gear to me is about 3.5 hours away. Have ordered some items from the web, but would probably buy more items if a store was closer so I could check things out first. I do not like buying clothing or gear without first trying them on for comfort. I've done it, but am more often disappointed than completely satisfied. Then the return process/wait time is always a hassle I'd rather not deal with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This will work if you add spools to the swing arm, the one from cycle gear you posted above should work but you may have issues with clearing the muffler. the muffler tip can be removed for maintenance.
Thanks....i saw posted the option to remove the muffler tip. Looks easy. Not sure bout adding "spools" to the swing arm. Any postings on this?

·
Registered
263 Posts
If the vender has a store (online or brick & mortar) in your state, they have to charge sales tax. It's as fair as it can be. Some venders charge sales tax no matter where the product goes, in state or out, I think that's wrong if it goes out of state.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the vendor has a store (online or brick & mortar) in your state, they have to charge sales tax. It's as fair as it can be. Some vendors charge sales tax no matter where the product goes, in state or out, I think that's wrong if it goes out of state.
Agreed! And I belive that in most jurisdictions, collecting a sales tax for an out-of-state sale and then not sending to to the customer's home state Revenue Agency is called tax fraud.
>:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts