CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many other CTX700 owners, I was not happy with the carrying capacity and the shape of the OEM Honda side cases, so I decided to replace them with a set of GIVI Trekker 46 liters. Checking on the forum I became aware of others using the JFC brackets to mount different types of side cases. I've been a Givi user with my other motorcycles and scooters so I already had some experience with the good quality of these cases, but Givi does not produce a specific set to mount side cases on a CTX700, only for the top case.

I ordered the JFC brackets as well as two Givi mounting plates. Once all these items were in my hand I proceeded to mount them on my bike. I am very satisfied with the quality and workmanship of the JFC brackets, mounting them was very easy, and no extra hardware is necessary, just removing the OEM mounts for the side cases and adding them instead. I secured the Givi plates with 4 screws each to make sure there is no vibration or the risk of losing a side case while on the road.

This first picture shows the 3 cases already mounted on the bike. All are Givi Trekker 46 liter each.

Here you can see both, the JFC bracket, and the Givi mounting plate. The JFC bracket has two holes on top, those are the mounting holes to the bike. The 4 holes in the front are there to be used to mount any plate, or any side case directly to the bracket.
The Givi plate has 2 mounting areas and I was able to match the holes on the Givi plate to the ones in the JFC bracket.

This is how the JFC bracket and the Givi plate should be mounted.

This is how the JFC brackets look once mounted on the bike. As you can see they offer a wide mounting area for any type of side case you want to install.

JFC bracket with the Givi plate mounted on it.

I had to secure the Givi plate with 2 extra screws to make sure there is no vibration. Also, I had to lower the Givi plate to accommodate for the side case not to be touching the handles. Before you drill any holes mount your side case temporarily and see if it looks ok, and if it is not in the way of the passenger.

There is some adjustment allowed since the JFC bracket holes are big, so check what is best for your individual need.

Here you can see the OEM side cases mounts still attached to the handles. I remove them and put the JFC brackets instead.

And this is how the bike looks with its new Givi Trekker 46 liter set of top and side cases.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Looks good.

·
Super Moderator
3,293 Posts
Top-notch presentation Edgar! Looks like you are ready to pack up and get outta Dodge before your home state totally collapses in on itself!! You are welcome down here in Florida to join the many New York refugees that have come here already. 😁 🤣 (y)

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
452 Posts
Looks great, though not exactly aerodynamic. How does it ride? Is there a noticeable difference in how it handles?

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great, though not exactly aerodynamic. How does it ride? Is there a noticeable difference in how it handles?
I took it for a ride the day I installed them and I did not notice any difference, and the day was windy. I am used to big side cases in previous scooters and bikes, and to me, it is worth the extra gas. Unfortunately, the OEM does not provide enough storage space for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts