CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six weeks ago I had a tumor cut off my prostate gland, so I was not able to ride for a while.
But, as luck would have it, my truck's transmission started to slip, so I parked it and called my road side assistance.
I then borrowed my daughter's car to go to work that day.
Well the tow truck picked up my truck and delivered it to the wrong service company, one that is closed because of a Covid outbreak amongst their employees, and will not reopen for a couple of weeks. The tow driver threw my keys to the truck into the locked key drop box and I can't get it out of there. So Aamco can't start on my truck to see what the issue is.
I say all that to say all this:
My daughter needed her car, and I needed to get to work while we figure out how to get my truck serviced.
So on Tuesday and Wednesday I rode my CTX700 for my 60 mile round trip commute.
Well, I had been having a terrible time with bleeding after the surgery. I was peeing blood right up until last Saturday.
But the bleeding started again when I got home on Tuesday.
But not enough to alarm anyone.
So I rode again on Wednesday, and Thursday.
And today, my wife joined me as we took a 100 plus mile ride around the area, and stopped at a couple of stores so she could finish some Christmas shopping, and the we went to a little restaurant for lunch at around 3.
I gotta tell ya, riding is the best medicine.
First, the simple isometrics of sitting upright, holding the handlebars, raising my feet at stops, and all the core contractions and workout you get just riding and leaning and stopping and starting.
I am farther along on my healing in this last 4 days than I ever would have been without the bike.
And I stopped feeling bad about my stuff. I started riding..
And to have my wife holding on for the last 100 miles or so is the BEST medicine yet.
WE had a blast. We were exhausted when we got home.
BUT
We had a few hours for ourselves before the kids and grand kids start showing up and the conversation turns to "how are you really" and "when will you be up and around"
and then watching the grandkids to do their Christmas Tree thing.
ANd
It is just a beautiful Christmas Season.
To be here at home, with my wife and
with my children coming, and the grand kids coming over
and the Healing is almost complete,
and
Merry Christmas to everyone.
God Bless Every one of you.
And May you be as
Lucky as I am right now!

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Happy to hear you are doing well.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Reactions: ed21kin

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
Glad you're doing better (and gives me hope that I'll get over my health setback too!). Happy holidays!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Best damned thing I've read on the internet today!!

HEALTH and happiness -- and lots of riding to you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fantastic Ross…but stay on top of it! PC took my Grandpa and Father, so odds are that I’ll battle it at some point. Ride to live and live to ride!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Six weeks ago I had a tumor cut off my prostate gland, so I was not able to ride for a while.
But, as luck would have it, my truck's transmission started to slip, so I parked it and called my road side assistance.
I then borrowed my daughter's car to go to work that day.
Well the tow truck picked up my truck and delivered it to the wrong service company, one that is closed because of a Covid outbreak amongst their employees, and will not reopen for a couple of weeks. The tow driver threw my keys to the truck into the locked key drop box and I can't get it out of there. So Aamco can't start on my truck to see what the issue is.
I say all that to say all this:
My daughter needed her car, and I needed to get to work while we figure out how to get my truck serviced.
So on Tuesday and Wednesday I rode my CTX700 for my 60 mile round trip commute.
Well, I had been having a terrible time with bleeding after the surgery. I was peeing blood right up until last Saturday.
But the bleeding started again when I got home on Tuesday.
But not enough to alarm anyone.
So I rode again on Wednesday, and Thursday.
And today, my wife joined me as we took a 100 plus mile ride around the area, and stopped at a couple of stores so she could finish some Christmas shopping, and the we went to a little restaurant for lunch at around 3.
I gotta tell ya, riding is the best medicine.
First, the simple isometrics of sitting upright, holding the handlebars, raising my feet at stops, and all the core contractions and workout you get just riding and leaning and stopping and starting.
I am farther along on my healing in this last 4 days than I ever would have been without the bike.
And I stopped feeling bad about my stuff. I started riding..
And to have my wife holding on for the last 100 miles or so is the BEST medicine yet.
WE had a blast. We were exhausted when we got home.
BUT
We had a few hours for ourselves before the kids and grand kids start showing up and the conversation turns to "how are you really" and "when will you be up and around"
and then watching the grandkids to do their Christmas Tree thing.
ANd
It is just a beautiful Christmas Season.
To be here at home, with my wife and
with my children coming, and the grand kids coming over
and the Healing is almost complete,
and
Merry Christmas to everyone.
God Bless Every one of you.
And May you be as
Lucky as I am right now!

Merry Christmas!

glad you are feeling better. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year🎅

1 - 10 of 10 Posts