CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

I created a post many years back asking if anyone knew of a hitch for our CTX700. It created some friction due to the fact that many riders think this should not be done with a motorcycle. Others thought that the CTX700 engine cannot handle a trailer.

The hitch and trailer on this picture belonged to one of our forum members, and I bought it a couple of years ago and then Covid happened, so the truth is that I have never gotten to tow it yet. The hitch is installed, the trailer was upgraded with some gadgets and extra Givi side cases to have more carrying capacity, and I am still waiting for the day to take it on a long ride.

I want to share with you a video showing a couple of Hondas c125 Super Cubs towing a trailer during the well-known Scooter Cannonball Run. For the year 2021, it took place from Bar Harbor, Maine to Eureka, California, a 4,500 miles trip!
This is the link for the Cannonball: Scooter Cannonball

This is the link for the final leg of the run:

My point here is that if any of you, Honda CTX700 owners, want to tow a trailer with your bike, go for it, it is possible!!!

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
680 Posts
Yeah, they haven't made those for the CTX700 for a while, now. I hope they come back someday, I might be interested in buying one for a long-distance trip or three. (I hope I could find a place to hang that thing on a wall in my garage...)

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Fuel tank

I got some time this past weekend and was able to connect the Sherpax trailer to my CTX.

Tire Wheel Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire

As I stated before I can attach any Givi side case to the bike or the trailer, depending of how long the trip is goint to take, and how much do I want to carry with me.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX 700n
41 Posts
can you take some photos of the hitch and connection area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts