CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my CTX about 3 years ago, I knew I was getting a great deal. It was a new old stock 2015 DCT, and the dealer seemed not to know what to do with this white elephant, and I got it for about $3000 under MSRP. But I know this is not at all typical.

If there comes a day for me to get another bike (maybe the Rebel 1100), how much under the $9999 can I hope to pay? I know a new model may have no wiggle room in the price at all, but assuming demand isn't quite as high in a couple years, do most dealers negotiate much on a typical bike at all? Once in a while, I see certain models on sale for $1000 or so under MSRP. I don't know if it's the dealer's discount or a manufacturer's incentive.

Of course I'm just in the thinking phase, but sometimes I get impulsive and end up with something in the garage I was just thinking about a week earlier.

·
Registered
2016 CTX DCT
2 Posts
When I bought my CTX about 3 years ago, I knew I was getting a great deal. It was a new old stock 2015 DCT, and the dealer seemed not to know what to do with this white elephant, and I got it for about $3000 under MSRP. But I know this is not at all typical.

If there comes a day for me to get another bike (maybe the Rebel 1100), how much under the $9999 can I hope to pay? I know a new model may have no wiggle room in the price at all, but assuming demand isn't quite as high in a couple years, do most dealers negotiate much on a typical bike at all? Once in a while, I see certain models on sale for $1000 or so under MSRP. I don't know if it's the dealer's discount or a manufacturer's incentive.

Of course I'm just in the thinking phase, but sometimes I get impulsive and end up with something in the garage I was just thinking about a week earlier.
I bought my grandson a ‘21 model Honda CRF dirt bike in August 2020. Could not get a dime off of the retail price. Not a high dollar purchase, but no discount either. Just sayin’.

·
Registered
570 Posts
On the Rebel 1100, in year one, I would bet that you will be unsuccessful in negotiating any more than $500 (stretch on that amount), if anything, off the MSRP. You may be able to work on fees or have some accessories thrown in. On the other side, say for a Goldwing, you can potentially knock off thousands from the MSRP. Dealers are experts in estimating when a bike will sell and at what price the market will bear. If your OTD offer is off from that number, they will not do the deal.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
420 Posts
Dealers these days love to give you the "business sucks, we're not making any money, our margins are so bad" speech these days... and they're generally not kidding. Instead of reducing the price of a bike, some dealers will give you deals on accessories, riding gear, helmets, etc. But it's tough getting much out of them, especially if you're not a regular customer or likely to be. If you can get it from a dealer you frequent for sales and service, that'll probably be the best way to get a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Not much margin in a CTX. Add to that the lack of accessories, and the minimal service, and the dealer doesn't have much incentive to discount. Hope that the Rebel takes off and Honda makes a few accessories for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts