CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does the CTX700 come standard with ABS or is it an option? I think it would be better to just make all bikes come with ABS since it's safer and preferable to no ABS. There is no benefit to not having ABS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm answering my own question here, but I just read that ABS is only available with the DCT model and will retail for $8500. The standard manual version will retail for $7500. My question now I guess is it worth the extra grand for DCT/ABS?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm answering my own question here, but I just read that ABS is only available with the DCT model and will retail for $8500. The standard manual version will retail for $7500. My question now I guess is it worth the extra grand for DCT/ABS?
I have heard that the non DCT model with ABS will be available in Canada and that it is not a really big deal to import a bike from Canada into the USA and visa versa.

I have also been told that the base prices are a little higher in Canada. So, it is something to explore if you want.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard that the non DCT model with ABS will be available in Canada and that it is not a really big deal to import a bike from Canada into the USA and visa versa.

I have also been told that the base prices are a little higher in Canada. So, it is something to explore if you want.
Thanks, but after thinking about it, I will most likely go with the DCT/ABS CTX700. It's just much safer. No need to import or anything like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Honda CTX700D isn't a bad choice to go with especially if your a novice rider or the lazy type. FOr me Im lazy and more laid back so the DCT tranny just works for me. Nothing like shifting with the thumb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts