CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a top box mounting option that would be more secure than the 6lb limit on the CTX rear carrier. I'm assuming eventually a Givi carrier will come out, but picture of an Integra scooter in another post (Matte Black CTX, that also shows the Integra center stand might work)got me thinking it might be a solution. The UK website shows the accessories including the Top Box & Rear Carrier.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/_assets/downloads/brochures/accessory/integra.pdf

They 'look' like they would fit perfectly on the CTX if you already have the saddlebag stays.
Anyone on the forum overseas that might be familiar with the Integra and been able to check these out?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm pretty sure a GIVI top case that uses their universal monolock system will work on the CTX. It uses a plastic mount that attaches to a rear rack. It's on my list of things to get.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Here are Givi rear rack arms (Givi 1109FZ), to be used for the Givi Monolock rear rack for the Integra, currently sold in the U.K. @ an online retailer for 58.25 british pounds (sorry don't know how to display the british pound symbol on my keyboard).

GIVI 1109FZ Monorack arms - Givi Top Boxes | Givi Side Cases | Givi Fitting Kits | Monokey Box | Monolock Case

Looks like they offer two different rear racks/mounting plates and one can choose whichever one he or she needs for the specific Monorack case desired.

Also, it looks as if at the Givi UK website, there is a kit one can purchase if one chooses not to use a Givi case but wants to mount the arms to a regular rear rack called a 1109 Kit, however, I'm a little confused with all of this and what one would buy (if available in the U.S.) just to mount the arms for a universal rear rack.

What I need is something cheaper than the Honda brackets and rear carrier to work with my Bestem Case that comes with a mounting plate but requires some sort of rear plate or carrier to mount. Not sure if Givi would provide a solution that would work, but I'm going to keep looking at these options as they become available.

Cases, Side Hardbags, Soft Luggages, Screens, Spoilers HONDA Integra 700

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
With correct spacers looks like the non specific 1109 plates will work, but it does not provide any base.

The Givi specific kit looks like a good option, but again spacers may be needed to clear the bodywork on the two mounting holes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here are Givi rear rack arms (Givi 1109FZ), to be used for the Givi Monolock rear rack for the Integra, currently sold in the U.K. @ an online retailer for 58.25 british pounds (sorry don't know how to display the british pound symbol on my keyboard).

GIVI 1109FZ Monorack arms - Givi Top Boxes | Givi Side Cases | Givi Fitting Kits | Monokey Box | Monolock Case

Looks like they offer two different rear racks/mounting plates and one can choose whichever one he or she needs for the specific Monorack case desired.

Also, it looks as if at the Givi UK website, there is a kit one can purchase if one chooses not to use a Givi case but wants to mount the arms to a regular rear rack called a 1109 Kit, however, I'm a little confused with all of this and what one would buy (if available in the U.S.) just to mount the arms for a universal rear rack.

What I need is something cheaper than the Honda brackets and rear carrier to work with my Bestem Case that comes with a mounting plate but requires some sort of rear plate or carrier to mount. Not sure if Givi would provide a solution that would work, but I'm going to keep looking at these options as they become available.

Cases, Side Hardbags, Soft Luggages, Screens, Spoilers HONDA Integra 700

Greg, did you ever come up with a solution to this? I am also looking at getting a top case for my CTX700 and would like A more economical solution.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
The Integra's frame and mounting system is based on the NC700 rear platform. The CTX700 rear platform is completely different. The GIVI mounting system will not fit the CTX at this time and is actually lighter than the Honda OEM brackets.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Basically, if you want a bolt on ready system. However there are places reported here on the forum offering good discounts on OEM parts.....
Alright, thanks for all the help everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts