CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just asked for a quote for a CTX700 from my current carrier for my autos. The quote came back from Foremost for $743 annually. That sort of rocked me since that is with my car and home discount applied.

Currently I'm using Geico for my '08 Vespa 250 and '07 Yamaha Majesty 400 and I'm paying $280 annually for both.

Those of you with CTX700's, what are you paying? I told my carrier that the CTX was 670 CC's and gave them a value of $8700 which is $1000 more than the deal from the dealer for a CTX700 DCT, no additional options.

Jack

·
Registered
37 Posts
That seems extremely high. My insurance through AAA (Auto Club Southern California) with 100k/300k limits, uninsured and $500 deductible is $361 annually. This includes a multi policy discount.

When I checked for equivalent coverage through other carriers it was $500 to $700 annually for similar coverage but those were for a stand alone policy.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems extremely high. My insurance through AAA (Auto Club Southern California) with 100k/300k limits, uninsured and $500 deductible is $361 annually. This includes a multi policy discount.

When I checked for equivalent coverage through other carriers it was $500 to $700 annually for similar coverage but those were for a stand alone policy.
I now breathe a little easier. I called Geico and with my MSF certification, age, and good driving discounts the cost is $177 annually. This is 100k/300k limits, uninsured, and $500 deductible. $2000 in accessory coverage and towing is included. I live in the St. Louis suburban area with a garage to protect the cycle. The only discount I will lose is the multiple cycle discount.

Looks like we will go with Geico when we purchase. The good side is because I am insuring 2 scooters with them, cancellation of the scooters and adding the CTX ends up with me getting a refund for the balance of the year.

Jack

·
Banned
463 Posts
I went to Progressive who had insured my last several bikes and found they were charging more than I had paid for my Victory, which cost 3 times and much and had 2 times the hp than the CTX.
Found Progressive lists the CTX as a "sportbike". I questioned this of course but was told that's what their "experts" rated it as a sportbike.
About the same time my wife sold her bike that had been insured by Foremost for over 6 years. She had recently renewed the bike but when she cancelled she was told Foremost does not refund any of the balance as a matter of policy.
Stay away from them.
I went to Geico and got the best price there.
Hard to compare insurance since there is such a variation depending on location, age, etc.
Get some quotes from a few places and go with your best choice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Geico this time

Progressive was $368. Geico was $189 for this bike and a 250 VStar together, same coverage. The refund from Progressive for cancellation of the HD/V Star coverage paid the entire premium on the Ctx/V Star. I have found that insurance companies take you on for a song, and then charge an album at renewal time, and have switched back and forth from one to another more than once.

·
Registered
309 Posts
47 year old male with Allstate. I pay $288/yr.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I guess I get punished for living in a borough of New York City
I pay $578 a year full coverage with Geico
I went with them because of the reduction/credit while the bike is in storage they offer

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I'm paying $432 annually at State Farm with full coverage and $250 deductible, towing and rental included. I also have 20 year old FM on the policy as well. I have house and multi vehicle discount. I could easily reduce this by increasing the deductible and dropping the other person. Check out some of the major companies as well. Many are competitive, especially when you insure house and vehicles.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, the CTX700 sportbike classification is why it's more expensive.

Insurance does not care about DCT (if you have it) or low rpm's. CTX costs more to insure than my old VTX1800C, which was twice the bike in weight, power, and "performance" (I like CTX better). But VTX is a cruiser so that's why its cheaper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You guys are lucky with your insurance rates. I pay $800 annually :( with $250 deductible for full coverage, however I'm 33 and I completed MSF training and have milti policy discount. I think that's because I got my license only last October. Insurance is from Farmers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Progressive, Reading/PA, 250/500/100, $500 deductible.
Clean record, no accidents.
$650 for 12 months, double rate I had on previous bike, V Star 950 which I only had for a short time, also with Progressive. Others on the forum have commented already on the lower rates for big cruisers compared to this bike. The reports also have suggested that Progressive is not the best insurer for this bike.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I have at CTX and an FZ-09 the CTX is 144.00 and the FZ is 603.00 both are naked bikes. full coverage with towing. Geico. I hear Progressive is better for the FZ but I have not shopped around. CTX has only 250 deductible but the FZ has 1000 so I will be shopping. Also both bikes are rated at 3k miles per year.

Insurance companies have many variables so knowing what I pay does not mean much unless you have all the same variables. Having license for a short while or tickets has as much on cost as type of bike IMHO.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys are lucky with your insurance rates. I pay $800 annually :( with $250 deductible for full coverage, however I'm 33 and I completed MSF training and have milti policy discount. I think that's because I got my license only last October. Insurance is from Farmers.
My Farmers agent said that on this bike they just aren't competitive even with MSF, my autos and home with them. She could match Geico on my scooters but not the CTX. Check out Geico you may be able to save a bundle.

Jack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts