CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I started to check insurance prices out for my new Ctx 700 so I would be ready when it came in. I went on the Progressive site as that is the company that I have had since 2003. Right now I have a Pcx 125 that is costing me $138.00 per year. I loaded the info on the site but did no have a VIN number yet. Progressive wanted $257.00 per year, which I thought was a good price. The dealer called me and said my bike came in and they would have it ready this afternoon after installing the backrest and bags. I went on the Proggressive site to update my policy, delete me Pcx and add the Ctx. To my surprise the cost came in at $520.00. I couldn't believe it so I went back to my initial quote and added the VIN number, and the price came back at $257.00 per year. I did check out Allstate Insurance and the only had the Ctx 700n listed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have Allstate, they had to trick the system with the n then adjust the bike details. Ipay 360 per year for 100/300 with medical and zero deductible.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We've discussed this some time ago - some of the insurance companies have the CTX classified wrong as a sport bike (instead of a cruiser) and this over estimates the premiums. Out of the companies I've checked, I know Geico has it classified correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts