CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting at the honda dealership and the guys do not know how to install the accessories. Anyone know a link to install instructions?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gave those to them as well. I am not impressed with these guys. I had to find the instructions on line for them. I have been here 4 hours and they just told me it is going to take 7 more hours. They are keeping the bike til Friday. This is my ride and now I am stuck an hour from home with no way to get there. Plus I need to find a ride together back on Friday. Bad honda dealer. Will find someone else to do my services.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only problem I found with the installation instructions, is that the one for the heated grips, stops about six pages short of the full set. Here's hoping they don't get that far and say "now what?!".

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to take the parts and the bike home. I will do it myself. How hard can it be. Plus i have you guys!! Wish me luck

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I purchased all of them except the heated grips. I got the windshield on. Easy peasey. The saddlebags are on as well. God bless Cobraguy. His tutorial got me through it. That was more of a challenge but I kicked it in the butt. Tomorrow I will finish the back rest and rear carrier. I will leave the convenience socket for another day. I must say I feel a sense of accomplishment doing it myself. First bike and first ever installs. I learned a lot about the bike and taking things apart. I will have to learn how to service it too. I had a blast tonight. Thanks to this forum, my bike is almost done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem at my Honda dealer. The service department said they have no service manuals yet for this bike. I asked them what they use to install the accessories and they said that the guys have done enough installs to just know what to do. So, I just went home with my parts and figured it out myself. 31 years as a jet engine mechanic, how hard could this be? Everything is now installed, and probably more professionally than some stranger would have done!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
besides adding self confidence in knowing that part of your bike by doing the install yourself, you can now take things off if needed to get to some other part of the bike.

For the noobies, you proved you can do it if you just don't get in a hurry and have some patience.

well done everyone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the same problem at my Honda dealer. The service department said they have no service manuals yet for this bike. I asked them what they use to install the accessories and they said that the guys have done enough installs to just know what to do. So, I just went home with my parts and figured it out myself. 31 years as a jet engine mechanic, how hard could this be? Everything is now installed, and probably more professionally than some stranger would have done!
That's funny. I have a service manual, and I'd bet a bunch of other people on here do also.

Dealers can't even lie well anymore. Lame.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's funny. I have a service manual, and I'd bet a bunch of other people on here do also.

Dealers can't even lie well anymore. Lame.
I figured as much! I need to find me a more knowledgable dealership to do business with, maybe one near the Sacramento area.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Heated grips install refresher

Hi guys, I am updating this page because it's getting cold all across America, and I could not find the instructions neccesary to install the grips (and my mechanic pal was pulling his hair out with no instructions).

The install instructions are on the powersports honda website under accessories. You have to click on the heated grip attachment kit to get to the descriptor window that allows you to download the install instructions.

2014 CTX700N DCT ABS Accessories - Honda Genuine Accessories - Honda Powersports

I will update this thread with my opinion of the grips next week

·
Registered
26 Posts
new power plug stopped working.

I bought my CTX700d a month and a half ago. The dealer kept the bike another week to put on the saddlebags, windshield, and power plug. When I brought it home I plugged in a little light and that worked. Then I plugged in a pump that was too much for it and it quit. I checked all the fuses in the little rectangular box beneath the seat and they were intact.
So I brought the bike back for the 600 mile $220 oil change and asked them to fix it.
When I picked it up I asked if they fixed it and the service manager said he had changed the fuse but that it was really only rated to charge a cell phone. I went back to my house and plugged just the cord in and noticed there was no power at all. I checked all the fuses and they were still good. Basically I think he lied to me.
So I read Kirsten's blog about installing the harness, etc. However I am so skeert I am afraid to really pull on the radiator side cover. I unscrewed the two allen bolts but just couldn't get the sucker off.
Does anybody have any suggestions? I didn't see any inline fuses to plug on the schematic. Is there a fuse that I am missing?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts