CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought LED headlights from Amazon (CAR ROVER H4 Motorcycle)
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Bought Fog lights from ADV Monster. Removed the reflectors and bought M6 bolt, washer and nut from Home Depot.
Product Font Material property Rectangle Transparency
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

Installed 3 button switch on handlebar. Low is amber, High is white. Haven't tried on fully dark roads yet. Seems ok in semi-dark when tested yesterday.
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
Nice job!

The center light against the red fender comes off looking like a red light from a distance... hopefully that won't get you pulled over for examination!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think you are referring to the reflection of the headlight on the mud guard. There is no center light. Just the new led headlight and two fog lights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great! Looking at the power requirements the LED headlamp is just 30w (the stock bulb is 55w) and the fogs are 15w (but not sure if that is 15w per side or for both?) Did you end up powering the fogs directly from the battery or did you tie them into an existing supply? I love the packaging with the handlebar switch (which includes an 'off' position) this looks like a great setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! Looking at the power requirements the LED headlamp is just 30w (the stock bulb is 55w) and the fogs are 15w (but not sure if that is 15w per side or for both?) Did you end up powering the fogs directly from the battery or did you tie them into an existing supply? I love the packaging with the handlebar switch (which includes an 'off' position) this looks like a great setup.
The headlamp was recommended by someone else here in a different thread. Also from what I understand, the LED's require less watts to achieve more lumens/brightness so you don't want to go exact same wattage. I think the fog lights are 15 watts each, but don't know if it's rated 15 watts at high (white) or at Fog (amber) too. I only used it once and it seemed bright. But due to a combination of bad weather and me being busy over the weekends, I had to shelve it for winter. Maybe if temperatures improve or in Spring I can do more testing.

I love the switch option and yes I have wired the aux lights directly from the battery. But if I were to redo it, I might go with the wire harness option which connects from the headlights where the amber fog lights are on at low beam and the white led comes automatically when headlights are on high beam. There was a wait time for the wire harness that connects to head light and I didn't want to wait. But looking back, given that I rode once after installing these lights, I could have waited!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts