CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Road over 200 miles today mostly 75 mph all day. My groun and enter legs aching like crazy, Kept my legs pretty tight against the tank today, Was pretty windy out there today. Am looking for tank pads. 2015 Honda CTX 700N DCT ABS. What do you use for padding?? Thank You :eek:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It's your adductors that are causing the discomfort on your inner thigh, the same muscles that get sore when you ride a horse. Padding and grip will not correct that. Stretching and strength development will help. If it's your butt, alterations or replacement of your seat might help. Not sure if TechSpec makes them for the CTX but they are known to be really good. They are supposed to improve ones handling of the bike and add consistency to the rider's position.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am very happy with the TechSpec Snakeskin tank pads. I got them early on, mainly to help brace myself against bumps, since it is impossible to stand on the forward footpegs. I mounted them as low and far back as was reasonable. Even so, I was only gripping the lower inch, but it sure helped. They work even better after replacing the “ape hangers” with NC700XD bars.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/techspec-snake-skin-tank-pads-honda-ctx700-ctx700n-ctx1300

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry to hear that. It's your adductors that are causing the discomfort on your inner thigh, the same muscles that get sore when you ride a horse. Padding and grip will not correct that. Stretching and strength development will help. If it's your butt, alterations or replacement of your seat might help. Not sure if TechSpec makes them for the CTX but they are known to be really good. They are supposed to improve ones handling of the bike and add consistency to the rider's position.

When I am doing 75 mph I myself half to put my legs against the tank, Because of the wind. If it was not designed this way then why did they add a cut in the tank on both sides for our inner legs to rest against the tank ?? I have owned horses never had pain like the CTX does to me, But then again I have been thrown

from a horse before and man did it mess me up, Broke 6 ribs it hurt like **** to breathe for like 2 months and a broke nose. A creek bed with no water in it does not feel good when a horse drops u in one, Chest and face first. I think the seat is pushing me to much forward against the tank maybe just a few inches but a few inches on a bike can sometimes make a difference in my experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am very happy with the TechSpec Snakeskin tank pads. I got them early on, mainly to help brace myself against bumps, since it is impossible to stand on the forward footpegs. I mounted them as low and far back as was reasonable. Even so, I was only gripping the lower inch, but it sure helped. They work even better after replacing the “ape hangers” with NC700XD bars.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/techspec-snake-skin-tank-pads-honda-ctx700-ctx700n-ctx1300

What you cant stand on the pegs, I do all the time over big bumps, The pegs are pretty strong for standing on mine are anyways. I guess I can try a pair of them they do not look very thick but who knows it might help, Doesn't hurt to try it I suppose. Yeah not sure what to do really, I have a MadStad windshield and it

does great, It always gets the bugs for me I have never ever even got any bugs on my sun glasses or other glasses I wear or even on my helmet for that matter, So not gonna mess to much with adjusting it if I do half to have another seat I know that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
as stated before it sounds like your adductor muscles and possibly your pectineus muscle. the best thing you can do for that is to stretch those muscles and strengthen them. To stretch them sit on the floor against a wall with legs extended and move each leg to the side as far a you comfortably can away from the center of your body. You should feel a stretch or tightening in the muscles when you do this. If you feel pain you have gone too far. take the stretch slowly and try to move leg a little further each day. to strengthen the muscles sit in a chair and lift each foot to hip level hold for a slow 10 count. to start with do three sets of 5 on each leg alternating each .while the exercised leg rests. Your goal here is to gradually increase the slow count and the number of lifts in each set. For the next exercise lay on your side and support yourself on your elbow and opposite hand. lift the leg 3-6 inches off the other leg and hold it for about 30 seconds. do 3-5 lifts per rep and do 3 reps to start, then switch legs. Your goal here is to lengthen your time and reps.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have owned horses never had pain like the CTX does to me

I think the seat is pushing me to much forward against the tan.
Sorry...I meant riding English as opposed to Western. Don't laugh...602 240 big bone headed Polish guy and I know dressage. Learned how to ride when I was a cop.

On the seat...yes very possible. The CTX in the family is my wife's. She traded out the seat with a Corbin. With the stock seat, it was not the best. With the Corbin, I was pushed back about 2 inches. It is now much easier for me to ride.

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
I do think that an aftermarket seat will greatly assist you. I've had both kinds of Corbins (low & high), but neither of them compare to the comfort I'm getting from my Russell DayLong. It is a little more expensive and takes a bit longer to get one made, but it is well worth the money and time!

Any other bike I might possibly ever have in my short future would have an RDL custom seat on it!
:nerd:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Any seat will be alot better than the stock seat. I went with the high corbin and had them take an inch out of drivers area. Works perfect for me. Should be a law against that OEM seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Any seat will be alot better than the stock seat. I went with the high corbin and had them take an inch out of drivers area. Works perfect for me. Should be a law against that OEM seat.

The seat isn't much to talk about that's for sure. A great bike and the design was given a lot of thought but crap the seat is another story. Yeah has NO cushion at all that's for sure is like sitting on a rock. Last 2 days weather has been so nice I have put over 500 miles on the bike and the seat has been terrible for sure, Other then that though bike is a great cruiser for sure. I might look like a lobster but hey there is nothing better then riding and feeling free when it is beautiful outside. Whats that old saying, LIVE FOR THE MOMENT.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
I've had the Tech Spec tank pads on mine since day one. Gives you better grip on the tank, on windy days, or on winding roads. As for standing on the pegs over bumps, I also installed the Kuryakyn floorboards and they come back far enough to assist standing. And yes, they are strong enough, even for a guy who was 250 (not me) to stand on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Road over 200 miles today mostly 75 mph all day. My groun and enter legs aching like crazy, Kept my legs pretty tight against the tank today, Was pretty windy out there today. Am looking for tank pads. 2015 Honda CTX 700N DCT ABS. What do you use for padding?? Thank You :eek:
I am 5'0 and was 55yr old and owned this bike for myself. My husband had his hog and we had 3 other riders on their own riding over 150 miles a day for 3 days. While the others complained being sore I felt like I was floating. Great ride and I miss it (had to sale).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I am 5'0 and was 55yr old and owned this bike for myself. My husband had his hog and we had 3 other riders on their own riding over 150 miles a day for 3 days. While the others complained being sore I felt like I was floating. Great ride and I miss it (had to sale).

I am considering purchasing a Corbin low Dual Saddle Seat for my 2015 Honda CTX DCT ABS anyone else using the low?? Reason I ask the bike could use another seat for sure other then the factory seat on it but I did not want to order a custom seat and then it enter fear with the height of my windshield. I am also considering installing the driver floor boards as well on the bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am considering ordering a low Dual Saddle Seat for my 2015 Honda CTX DCT ABS anyone else using the low?? Reason I ask the bike could use another seat for sure other then the factory seat on it but I did not want to order a custom seat and then it enter fear with the height of my windshield.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am considering purchasing a Corbin low Dual Saddle Seat for my 2015 Honda CTX DCT ABS anyone else using the low?? Reason I ask the bike could use another seat for sure other then the factory seat on it but I did not want to order a custom seat and then it enter fear with the height of my windshield. Looks like the new site has posted my reply several times maybe a mod can fix this. Thank You

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am considering purchasing a Corbin low Dual Saddle Seat for my 2015 Honda CTX DCT ABS anyone else using the low?? Reason I ask the bike could use another seat for sure other then the factory seat on it but I did not want to order a custom seat and then it enter fear with the height of my windshield. Site is sometimes posting more then once for some reason. Thank You

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am Corbin low Dual Saddle Seat for my 2015 Honda CTX DCT ABS anyone else using the low?? Reason I ask the bike could use another seat for sure other then the factory seat on it but I did not want to order a custom seat and then it enter fear with the height of my windshield. I am also considering installing the driver floor boards as well on the bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts