CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum,

Can anyone please recommend me what I can do in case of improper service performed by dealership. Here is my story:
1. A week ago I had an appointment to make 600 mile service.
2. Service was made and I drove back
3. Today I reviewed service paperwork I received from dealership, and I didn't see notes about replacement of second (clutch) oil filter (I have DCT model). Seems like they just forgot about it.

So what I can do? Ask them to change the second filter? If yes, how should pay for this?
Or maybe report to Honda?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
If they failed to change the clutch filter they should do the whole thing over. Leaving the old one in will spread contaminates in the new oil.

Anyone can make a mistake. Give them a chance to do the right thing.

Reactions: LoneWoof

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Hi forum,

Can anyone please recommend me what I can do in case of improper service performed by dealership. Here is my story:
1. A week ago I had an appointment to make 600 mile service.
2. Service was made and I drove back
3. Today I reviewed service paperwork I received from dealership, and I didn't see notes about replacement of second (clutch) oil filter (I have DCT model). Seems like they just forgot about it.

So what I can do? Ask them to change the second filter? If yes, how should pay for this?
Or maybe report to Honda?

Thanks,
Mike
Best to ask for customer service or owner. Explain the service was only half done and you would expect to pay for two filters but when charged for 1 there was an error. Ask them what they felt they should do to make a wrong right. If no satisfactory answer ask them to do it over at their cost and pay only for 1 more filter. In reality a few miles of new oil going through an older filter is not going to hurt your bike. You could have the trans filter replaced and it topped off. Give them a chance to correct their error. then never go back would be my action.

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I took mine in for the 600 mile service, I asked them if they had both filters in stock when I checked the bike in. They looked at me funny so I handed them the manual showing both. They were unaware of the second filter as it was the first CTX any of them had seen as I bought it at another dealer because this local one didn't have any in yet. They were glad for any info I could share with them and grateful I had taken the service manual in with the bike. Perhaps this was the first CTX they serviced and weren't aware of it? Hopefully they wil make things right for you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would be surprised that they did have the trans filter. I have stopped at three Honda dealerships -none had a filter on the shelf. My local doesn't even have a parts list available.
We used hondanation site.

Had to order mine a week in advance of doing the first service. I would ask for two new filters at no charge this time.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Another reason I ALWAYS do my OWN maintenance! Federal law allows you that freedom! Just save your receipts.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I usually warn the service dept. about a week or two in advance so they can get the filters in and read up on servicing it.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Stick with a Honda Dealership that only services Honda's primarily to ensure they have the proper parts on hand or can get them quickly. If they need to order parts, it normally only takes a few days to get them in from the warehouse. Accessaries can be another story. If dealing with another manufacturers dealership, its best to bring the service manual with you. This is the same manual your Honda mechanic uses and its a guaranty the dealership wont have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts