CTX 700 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
So you dont have an answer but whatever I might say is wrong?!?!?
THAT is what is wrong with our country. People can have differing points of view and BOTH BE RIGHT. AND you dont need to hate the other point of view!
AND I never said I dont wear masks. If I want to buy anything I have to enter with a mask. Dont think its doing anything, but I wear them and dont whine about it.
WHY dont you believe we are all goin to catch it??? That's a false assumption on your part. Wearing a mask is only a false hope that you wont get anything.
Either we all get it, or we have a vaccine to stop or reduce it.
As contagious as it is - you do believe that right - we are all goin to get it mask or not.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
227 Posts
So you dont have an answer but whatever I might say is wrong?!?!?
I haven’t said that whatever you say is wrong. But you do show a high falsehood proclivity.

THAT is what is wrong with our country. People can have differing points of view and BOTH BE RIGHT. AND you dont need to hate the other point of view!
I’ll agree with ‘both be right’, because in this case we both are. 2 Timothy 3 talks about the last days and what people will be like; we’ve named at least 2 of them.
WHY dont you believe we are all goin to catch it??? That's a false assumption on your part. Wearing a mask is only a false hope that you wont get anything.
Either we all get it, or we have a vaccine to stop or reduce it.
As contagious as it is - you do believe that right - we are all goin to get it mask or not.
You keep taking what I’ve said and twisting it, misunderstanding it or trying to guess what I actually mean by what I said. Pro tip: I’m pretty accurate with my words; I mean exactly what I say, and it’s foolhardy to think or assume otherwise.

I don’t think it can be assumed that we will all get it, but I never said it wouldn’t happen. I actually don’t think we will all get it, based on the fact that not everyone gets every contagious disease. But hey, I could be wrong and this one could be the first, I just think it’s unlikely.

Generally, speaking about the future with certainty is unwise. Likelihoods, sure, but not certainty. Another wise source of advice said: “impossible to see, the future is.” “Difficult to see. Always in motion, the future is.”

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm accurate with what I say as well.
Statement - A vast majority will get this thing. Its very contagious.
Some will die from it.
Keeping business from operating will not stop it as proven by the increased number lately, and my state as well for the past 4 months.
Having the govt give away money like it doesnt matter will not help anything and only make our future worse.

So your never wrong - again I ask how should we fight to not get this virus.
Why do you wear a mask if you dont believe your going to get it?
How about telling us oh great one how to live thought this time?
I've said how I would do it but you say I'm wrong but dont give a better answer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm accurate with what I say as well.
Actually no, because:
Statement - A vast majority will get this thing.
That’s not what you said. You said everyone would get it.

Its very contagious.
Some will die from it.
Keeping business from operating will not stop it as proven by the increased number lately, and my state as well for the past 4 months.
Keeping businesses from operating is not the point - the point is that people have to stay away from each other. Some businesses can’t do that, so the more important thing is to not run that business. Some business are more crucial than others and even if they can’t operate with separation they have to take the risk. It’s a risk/reward equation. Do you need food? Yeah. So food production has to keep going. Do you need a new TV? No. So those places and that industry aren’t critical to life and don’t have to stay operating.

On the other hand, we know for a fact that there are many people that are NOT keeping separated even when they can, so it’s really easy to see how the transmission of the virus can keep going. Add in the folks who are tired of quarantine and have begun relaxing their standards, the pool of potential spreaders keeps growing

Having the govt give away money like it doesnt matter will not help anything and only make our future worse.
I’m not an economist and can’t comment on the fact that money is a concept and ours isn’t backed by anything but faith and I have no idea how that plays into the printing and distribution and the results of that, either long or short term.
So your never wrong - again I ask how should we fight to not get this virus.
I figure we should follow the CDC’s advice - wear a mask, wash hands, stay separated, etc etc etc. I think we’ve been over this.

Why do you wear a mask if you dont believe your going to get it?
Again you’re misunderstanding what I wrote. I have never ever ever said I wasn’t going to get it.
How about telling us oh great one how to live thought this time?
I have said I don’t have all the answers but some places do so we should look there. Honestly, you need to try harder at reading comprehension and retention.
I've said how I would do it but you say I'm wrong but dont give a better answer.
Since I HAVE answered your questions the best I can, I might have to start assuming you MEAN to misunderstand my words. Either that or you’re just dumb, but I honestly don’t think that’s it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don’t claim to have all the answers - but other countries have done things that helped them through it, so I think the US people need to stop being so self-centered (whining “I don’t wanna wear a mask and it’s a violation of my rights and I don’t care about other people and I am a proud Merkin and this is the land of the free so I am free to do whatever I want!”) and copy what other nations have done.

And don’t stop with COVID. Plenty other things we should copy and raise our quality of life. Healthcare for one.

So much of what’s wrong in American culture is the focus on self - me me me I want this and I have rights and I this and I that.
Before pronouncing it aloud to myself, which makes the meaning obvious, I googled "Merkin", & got a furry surprise !

Jedi, I appreciate your stuff, but conversing with ctxdock is just like talking to a flat-earther. I'm concerned that you are wasting a considerable amount of time.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Before pronouncing it aloud to myself, which makes the meaning obvious, I googled "Merkin", & got a furry surprise !
When I lived in Montreal as a kid, we would often go to Ocean Park / Old Orchard Beach in Maine for a month in the summer. Apart from the last 2 weeks of july when the entire state was taken over by Quebecers, we would meet some local people or others who would come up from Boston and other nearby locales.

Of Course we were called Canucks, and I expected to hear the term "Yanks" but was surprised to hear the term "Merks" used. never heard it elsewhere, but reading your post, it finally makes (some) sense to me. What a wonder this forum is!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
OK Now CDC is blaming cold weather and staying in doors as responsible for the COVID increase across the US. Not to mention, family's actuallly seeing each other after 6 months of ban." Butler attributed the nationwide increase in cases to more people moving indoors as the weather gets colder, as well as smaller, intimate gatherings of families and neighbors that are taking place indoors. Butler emphasized four general rules that translate into higher risk of COVID-19 spread—the more closely people interact with others, the longer the interaction lasts, interactions taking place indoors, and interactions involving a lot of people." CDC notes 'distressing trend' of rising COVID cases. And should there be a vaccine, right now at least 3 of the 41 vaccines are on hold, as a side effect was death, there is an increasing likelihood, that the population will refuse the vaccine. Who will accept a COVID-19 vaccine?.

·
Registered
227 Posts
... I expected to hear the term "Yanks" but was surprised to hear the term "Merks" used. never heard it elsewhere,...
I usually hear of ‘mercs’ as mercenaries. The merkin thing I did just spontaneously occurred to me. Merkins are pretty high on the list of all the things whose existence I find amusing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whatever...I put big miles on the CTX since March...sometimes wife hops on back and we head to a state park and hike a couple of miles...COVID19 has done nothing but strengthen my marriage...and since I made a vow, that’s the most important thing to me. Be safe.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700N
7 Posts
I'm with you on this sentiment. No one here in this forum knows what is going on. We do know China is the cause of this virus.
That is not debatable. Fauci did say wear mask social distance and it should knock it down in 14 days.

Jedi you just seem to have all the answers.
So how SHOULD we get rid of this virus??
And no stopping all commerce isn't a good answer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You know all the answers yet you dont understand econ 101.
IF business are shut down, people dont work.
No work no money.
No money no way to buy food.
Then the govt has to supply the food, and the heat, and the medical, ect...
You havent answered all my questions and you dont supply answers - just shut up, wear a mask and stay at home.
As another poster stated - talking with YOU is like taking to a flat earther.

I have a job - for now. IF people dont have a job and the economy contracts, and bunch of us will not have jobs. Maybe mine as well.
Then the govt has to help that much more of us.
Do you want to get a govt check every month? Not me!
Its not a hard concept to grasp.

My state had 35 deaths yesterday the highest since May.
Our mandate is to wear masks in all public places, stay away...blah, blah, blah - its NOT working.
And of those 35 - 25 were in nursing homes! As it has been for months, the vast majority of deaths here are in nursing homes!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Has anyone tried doing anything like finding and holding a screw driver in PPE? Not bragging but I have-I don't think I'd want to be a health care provider in PPE, who would?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If finding a screw driver is a challenge, how about giving (or getting ready to get from someone) an IV hooked up to a vein?

Many people working in ER or ISUs are wearing masks for hours on end; not designed for that, but with limited stock, that is what is often happening. Better solutions need to be found, but that takes time.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Has anyone tried doing anything like finding and holding a screw driver in PPE? Not bragging but I have-I don't think I'd want to be a health care provider in PPE, who would?
Not much different than my regular job working in a cleanroom.... working under a microscope with tweezers, soldering iron, and jewelers screw drivers..... You get used to it...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I usually hear of ‘mercs’ as mercenaries. The merkin thing I did just spontaneously occurred to me. Merkins are pretty high on the list of all the things whose existence I find amusing.
I guess if you pronounce a hard C differently than you do a K, that would account for it? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I don’t claim to have all the answers - but other countries have done things that helped them through it, so I think the US people need to stop being so self-centered (whining “I don’t wanna wear a mask and it’s a violation of my rights and I don’t care about other people and I am a proud Merkin and this is the land of the free so I am free to do whatever I want!”) and copy what other nations have done.

And don’t stop with COVID. Plenty other things we should copy and raise our quality of life. Healthcare for one.

So much of what’s wrong in American culture is the focus on self - me me me I want this and I have rights and I this and I that.
Have you checked the EU recently. They are again closing the country. Curfews at 6PM. Europeans don't dine until 8 PM. Restaurants are closing permanently. and protests are mounting.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Jedi, I appreciate your stuff, but conversing with ctxdock is just like talking to a flat-earther. I'm concerned that you are wasting a considerable amount of time.
IMHO "they" are "anti-maskers" who are conflating rising positivity rates to "prove" masks are useless. Actually in NYC/NYS the hot zones are mostly orthodox communities, densely populated who don't trust academia and don't wear masks! Honestly, what kind of community leader and say with a straight face they thought the pandemic was over? As so many of us who have been riding this season know, social distancing, wearing a mask isn't a shut-down. And when NYC had a shut-down we could get fresh/polluted out-side air-without limits. The difference now is more restaurants, shops are back to near normal-curfews were a response to looters and rioting. Just saying...

41 - 60 of 154 Posts