CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We know that NY, CA, NJ have used draconian measures to control covid. Initially patting themselves on the back, for a slight decrease, they are now considering shutting down a failing economy in their states. We have seen politicians not wearing masks in parties, when they think they are being unobserved, not distancing. Airlines are packing them in with no spacing. So much for 6 feet. It seems promotion of non reliable concepts is all they have to offer the public, then blame someone else when it doesn't work. Here is the latest happenings in the midwest and the north east. Global COVID-19 total surges past 38 million. After you read this they are now blaming small household gatherings. Do they intend to lock us in the home, visiting family etc? Goodbye thanksgiving and Christmas meals. I think by the time all the experts are done, there will be nothing to return to even if the bug disappears, which they now say will be here for at least another 2 years, my guess probably 5 to 10. As for vaccines, 41 flavors to chose, some of which have been stopped due to deaths. However which one to choose really? And if they increase restrictions, no more MC riding, car riding. etc. Sealed vehicles, ie cars, to the grocery store maybe, although a lock in home, would mean that you would have to have them delivered. Good luck with getting you order any time soon. Again I ask myself as a doctor, and scientist, what is really going on?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I don't see how MC riding, or riding in cars would be affected. Unless, you have various people with no connection riding in close association.

·
Registered
313 Posts
According to the latest news release from China, if you sing the Chinese national anthem 10 times, you will gain full immunity from the virus which is why China continues to lead the world in combating the pandemic.

Meanwhile I've scored some primers so I will making ammo this weekend.

Steve

·
Registered
424 Posts
We know that NY, CA, NJ have used draconian measures to control covid. Initially patting themselves on the back, for a slight decrease, they are now considering shutting down a failing economy in their states. We have seen politicians not wearing masks in parties, when they think they are being unobserved, not distancing. Airlines are packing them in with no spacing. So much for 6 feet. It seems promotion of non reliable concepts is all they have to offer the public, then blame someone else when it doesn't work. Here is the latest happenings in the midwest and the north east. Global COVID-19 total surges past 38 million. After you read this they are now blaming small household gatherings. Do they intend to lock us in the home, visiting family etc? Goodbye thanksgiving and Christmas meals. I think by the time all the experts are done, there will be nothing to return to even if the bug disappears, which they now say will be here for at least another 2 years, my guess probably 5 to 10. As for vaccines, 41 flavors to chose, some of which have been stopped due to deaths. However which one to choose really? And if they increase restrictions, no more MC riding, car riding. etc. Sealed vehicles, ie cars, to the grocery store maybe, although a lock in home, would mean that you would have to have them delivered. Good luck with getting you order any time soon. Again I ask myself as a doctor, and scientist, what is really going on?
I see the concern but disagree. I think a more universal mask mandate is what's on the horizon. People are arriving at the "I don't care" stage. Pretty sure restrictive lockdowns will neither be successful nor met with polite aceptance. Folks in Miami are at the absolute boiling point, as an aside. Anyhow, lets all just pray for the best.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
191 Posts
Well which is it? On one hand you’re saying the ‘draconian’ measures were working. But on the other hand you keep insisting that all of these measures are hogwash and ‘what’s really going on?’.

Then you’re talking about the rising prevalence of people not taking precautions, and the numbers are rising. And the reaction is to go further into, or into another, lockdown - which you just pointed out is proven to work. The math is pretty easy to do on that one.

When folks actually quarantine and wear masks and keep their distance, cases drop.

Looking for conspiracies is generally a futile gesture. Just thinking of the massive number of people that would have to be involved in a national - much less global - conspiracy, boggles my mind. And! They have to keep it a secret from everyone they know that isn’t already in on it. And! They have to know everyone else that IS in on it, somehow. Conspiracies just don’t make sense, especially in the modern age where communication and information is so readily available, such that it doesn’t have to be a single person figuring the whole thing out by themselves. Many people having partial pieces figured out can easily collaborate. Trying to pull a scam on billions of people is not humanly possible.

·
Registered
255 Posts
OH jedi your at it again?
Lets look at this deeper.
In my state of MN the need to wear a mask order went into affect in June. Since then the number havent gone down.
Last fews days infected over 1000 per day YET the deaths are in the single digits!!!! SINGLE DIGITS!
The world over more people die from cancer than Covid. There is more spending on Covid than there is on cancer!!!!
Cancer death rates are over 10-20% - Covid is UNDER 5%!

If you believe Covid is hear for the next 2-10 years, than most if not all will get it eventually - right?
So unless your over weight, have diabetes, have lung issues or any health condition like this , or are over 75 - 99.5% chance you will be fine.
A bunch of cancers have deaths rates over 20% and yet we dont have any saftey measures to not get them.
Heart disease is just as preventable as Covid, yet people over eat, dont eat the right stuff, or dont exercise.

Shutting down our economy will mean tons of thousands without jobs. Where do you think they will get food and health care - the govt.
Where will the govt get the cash to support all those people - taxes those that are still clinging to a job.
THIS CANT GO ON!

So then you ask why is this going on - FOLLOW THE MONEY!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I see the concern but disagree. I think a more universal mask mandate is what's on the horizon. People are arriving at the "I don't care" stage. Pretty sure restrictive lockdowns will neither be successful nor met with polite aceptance. Folks in Miami are at the absolute boiling point, as an aside. Anyhow, lets all just pray for the best.
Prayer can work, especially when accompanied by specific constructive action.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see how MC riding, or riding in cars would be affected. Unless, you have various people with no connection riding in close association.
They will 1. close transit. 2 they have gone nuts and are debating whether open air vehicles are dangerous. The so called six feet doesn't work, and airlines are ignoring it anyways, and some idiot decided that if you are infecgted you are surrounded by a miasma of virus, that would be spreading into the open on an open air vehicle. I forget which country has already done so.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come on,
I'm outside and the wind is blowing - WHO is going to catch anything from me on my bike as I go by????
NO ONE!
Probably no one, but then now they are attacking family gatherings. Is it an attempt to destroy thanksgiving and Christmas, or even the family structure. It is becoming apparent that noone has any ideas as to how to control this thing, and they are making things up as they go along, looking to blame anything and everything. I have concluded that society has gone nuts, the politicians were always nuts, and are enjoying the new found power.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As I said they have no idea. Here is the latest laugh. Covid Came from Europe and not China. I wonder if there is politics involved in this? Early Cases of COVID-19 in Southern California Came From Europe
ACtually, from what I recall from months ago, while the virus originated in wuhan, there were different strains. One came directly from Wuhan / China wereas the other went from Wuhan through Europe (Iran if I recall correctly) and then to North America.
While POTUS and collegues had their super spreader event recently, our Prime Minister had his own case as his wife brought the virus back from the scandalous WE organization fundraiser in London.

Yes, there is politics, but I don't think the source(s) of the virus is one example.

Stupidity abounds. Another fine Ottawa example. A health care worker from a long term care facility returned from travel abroad and instead of maintaining quarantine as required, went to work after 4 days. She has now been charged and depending on now she is charged could face fines of up to $300,000 and 6 months in jail, or fines of up to $1 Million and 3 years in jail. She is not getting much sympathy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
WHY are there no dissenters speaking out about the overly tight restrictions???
Why is the only voice those that say protect yourself??
The ones that are - meh whatever - or are tired of it all dont have a voice and its sad.

I for one will have candy ready for any trickers wanting to stop by. I will NOT be wearing masks and gloves.
We will have are kids over for turkey and santa gifts. Try and stop me.

Again getting the virus IS NOT A DEATH SENTENCE!
Just last night on the news a 67 year old over weight father (I mean over 350lbs) and his 14 year old daughter where getting over it.
Yep he didnt have any bad reaction to it!! And the 14 year old was fine.
But they had been to a bowling match and caught it - oh the horror! And now the other girls on the team and other teams had to quantine.
I kind of have to go along with the new WH thinking of let the virus loose.
Those that are in need of protecting should shelter, and the rest of us go back to normal!

Remember normal. It was so nice to just go to any restaurant and eat and drink for as long as you wanted with a bunch of others around you.
And kids went to school and learned stuff. I'm sure kids are learning now but not as good as back in the good old "normal" times!!!

Let those that are against me post away!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Come on,
I'm outside and the wind is blowing - WHO is going to catch anything from me on my bike as I go by????
NO ONE!
In Florida you could possibly sneeze on a mosquito while you are out riding that is already carrying the chikungunya virus creating a supercovidgunya virus and it could then bite me. We just cant risk it!! :cry:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
snippage....

Again getting the virus IS NOT A DEATH SENTENCE!
Just last night on the news a 67 year old over weight father (I mean over 350lbs) and his 14 year old daughter where getting over it.
Yep he didnt have any bad reaction to it!! And the 14 year old was fine.
But they had been to a bowling match and caught it - oh the horror! And now the other girls on the team and other teams had to quantine.
I kind of have to go along with the new WH thinking of let the virus loose.
Those that are in need of protecting should shelter, and the rest of us go back to normal!

Remember normal. It was so nice to just go to any restaurant and eat and drink for as long as you wanted with a bunch of others around you.
And kids went to school and learned stuff. I'm sure kids are learning now but not as good as back in the good old "normal" times!!!
For over 1.1 million people, including 223,000 in the US and 9,721 getting the covid virus HAS been a dealth sentence.

I remember normal. Yes it would be nice that we were in pre-pandemic state, but we are not.
A lot of people probably shared your sentiment about "good old 'normal' times" back in 1918-1920. Then again, coming out of WW1, maybe not.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts