CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike should be in this week. Playing around on cycle-ergo.com it says I won't be able to reach the pegs!

I test rode it and would have liked the pegs a bit closer but think I will get used to it. Otherwise someone is going to get a good deal on a lightly used bike! ;)

Since it is the same motor as the NC700, does anyone know if just the pegs (not brake or shifter) will bolt right onto the ctx in the NC position? I saw someone here added mini boards but wonder if original pegs work.

I looked at the parts fiche and the shifter has a long rod shown. I wonder if a shorter rod or the NC rod would work on the shifter of the ctx? Anyone know?

Without replacing the brake master cylinder, I wonder if there might be a way to add some hardware (like a rod and fulcrum point) to allow use of the brake with a more rearward peg. Once I have the bike I will be better able to look and play around but maybe some of you have done that already.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I think someone here added the center pegs like the NC700 but I do not remember seeing photos. No linkage change though.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
The forward pegs were a concern of mine as well, mostly because most of my experience was on a more standard setup. I only have about 80 mi on the clock, but my brain has been reprogrammed, and I find the position very comfortable now. I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam. Also, saw that vid by magster and thumper, and she's 5' evidently.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 5'5" with a 26" (pants) inseam but a long time rider and rode a Silverwing for years. The scoot feet forward position is similar to the ctx.

A nice thing on the Silverwing was the ability to put feet forward or down. Would be nice to have that on the ctx and see some have achieved that by adding additional pegs/boards.

I've been seeking a bike I like the ctx for a while so, if I can get it to fit me well for a few $, I will do so. Once I put a few miles on it I should know what, if anything, will be needed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had to update. Turns out this bike fits me better than any one I've ever owned before.

Added the full size floor boards and it got even more comfy.

The low seat height, low COG, and seating position make it a great handling bike.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Had to update. Turns out this bike fits me better than any one I've ever owned before.

Added the full size floor boards and it got even more comfy.

The low seat height, low COG, and seating position make it a great handling bike.
don't forget to check out adjusting the position/height of the brake pedal and the shifter if you have a manual transmission in the how to section

Reactions: JerseyBiker
1 - 9 of 9 Posts