CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The resale of CTX700s is good. In fact there are very few available, and at the same time there seem to be a lot of riders selling. The bike remains hot and continues to be desirable. Not only does it do what you want, has a great ride, but also low enough for us short in-seamed tribe. So Honda if you are watching, wake up, restart the CTX production, provide 2 motors 700 and 800cc, and a few more of your great technology gadgets, and start selling the bike again.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I understand the 670 cc engine is having trouble with newer emissions requirements in some countries. R&D may be able to fix that, but the 750 is working in several models, I'm ok with that for the base 2022 CTX750. That should be available as a bobber only or with strong enough suspension for two passengers - NO fake seat that is unusable, please!
800 is is another set of R&D away from being available, but the 1100 out of the Rebel could make an excellent CTX1100. That should have full sized touring bags with real space for camping supplies and a few days of clothing on weekend trips. Save the lunch bag panniers for city only bikes.

Cruise Control, I agree, at least as an option on anything newer than 2010. The '90s are behind us.

The CTX750 ADV and the CTX1100 ADV should both have more travel in the front forks, remote adjustability for both preload and rebound in the rear including presets for multiple passengers and terrains. The remote adjustability module should sense when moving slower than 5 MPH and lower both settings to have the same low seat height at stops as the touring models. When starting back up again, it should remember and return to the last dialed in posture for more suspension travel available when moving through rough terrain or more touring comfort when on the open road.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I understand the 670 cc engine is having trouble with newer emissions requirements in some countries. R&D may be able to fix that, but the 750 is working in several models, I'm ok with that for the base 2022 CTX750. That should be available as a bobber only or with strong enough suspension for two passengers - NO fake seat that is unusable, please!
800 is is another set of R&D away from being available, but the 1100 out of the Rebel could make an excellent CTX1100. That should have full sized touring bags with real space for camping supplies and a few days of clothing on weekend trips. Save the lunch bag panniers for city only bikes.

Cruise Control, I agree, at least as an option on anything newer than 2010. The '90s are behind us.

The CTX750 ADV and the CTX1100 ADV should both have more travel in the front forks, remote adjustability for both preload and rebound in the rear including presets for multiple passengers and terrains. The remote adjustability module should sense when moving slower than 5 MPH and lower both settings to have the same low seat height at stops as the touring models. When starting back up again, it should remember and return to the last dialed in posture for more suspension travel available when moving through rough terrain or more touring comfort when on the open road.
I can only dream :/

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
bit snipped off...
As the bike has many similar components as the NC 750, why not just use that engine?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Cruise control ?? Then what next? Air bags? Full nav package? Shaft drive? 100 watt stereo? If I wanted [to pay for] a beemer I'da bought one.
From what I've read the nav package on the GoldWing is terrible and the reviewers say to just mount a Garmin on the handlebars. Same thing with the EnTune system in my Toyota, the GPS module is absolute crap. Plus Toyota wants something like $200 to update it.

Sign me up for the belt drive, if I didn't need the DCT for health reasons that chain alone and its cleaning needs would have kept me from buying a CTX. And, no, I'm not interested in an auto oiler making a bigger mess than the chain lube already makes.

Steve

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sign me up for the belt drive, if I didn't need the DCT for health reasons that chain alone and its cleaning needs would have kept me from buying a CTX. And, no, I'm not interested in an auto oiler making a bigger mess than the chain lube already makes.

Steve
+1 Belt drive. I also don't need DCT, however as a final drive, a belt system should have no trouble mating to a DCT tranny for those who like it.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Brace yourselves folks, you will likely never see a belt drive from Honda.
I suspect you are correct, given their history.:unsure: They perhaps, have mass produced the most trouble free shaft drives, however, I may always wonder why not a belt? One might think that the chain is cost effective, but with Honda's engineering & parts supplier prowess, a belt drive (very low maintenance & reliable), could easily be feasible.:sneaky:
Otherwise, lovin' my CTX700 D/DCT!(y)
I think/hope the 1100 Rebel w/DCT is selling well. Don't know if Honda is watching or listening to Ctx700 fans at all.

·
Super Moderator
3,318 Posts
I suspect you are correct, given their history.:unsure: They perhaps, have mass produced the most trouble free shaft drives, however, I may always wonder why not a belt? One might think that the chain is cost effective, but with Honda's engineering & parts supplier prowess, a belt drive (very low maintenance & reliable), could easily be feasible.:sneaky:
I think/hope the 1100 Rebel w/DCT is selling well. Don't know if Honda is watching or listening to Ctx700 fans at all.
Hmmm, why would anybody who is anybody at Honda watch or listen to "groupies" of a bike that they quit making years ago?? 😎

·
Registered
61 Posts
With so many companies making belt drive bikes and I don't hear that they are having trouble with them,You would think Honda would of jump on the band wagon and do the same! I think we are dreaming if Honda would bring back the CTX .They had trouble selling them.Most people didn't like the looks so they wouldn't even try them.If they did,they would see what a great bike they are!What caught my eye in 2016 was the price.$4999 for a new CTX700N.I sat on it and it fit me sooooo goooood! THE WIFE HAD OTHER IDEAS! 5 years later I finally got a used CTX700 and is even better than I thought it would be.This spring in Wisconsin we still had new 2014 CTX700N for sale $4500.Not a good seller,me thinks Honda is done with them.jasperj

·
Super Moderator
3,318 Posts
With so many companies making belt drive bikes and I don't hear that they are having trouble with them,You would think Honda would of jump on the band wagon and do the same! I think we are dreaming if Honda would bring back the CTX .They had trouble selling them.Most people didn't like the looks so they wouldn't even try them.If they did,they would see what a great bike they are!What caught my eye in 2016 was the price.$4999 for a new CTX700N.I sat on it and it fit me sooooo goooood! THE WIFE HAD OTHER IDEAS! 5 years later I finally got a used CTX700 and is even better than I thought it would be.This spring in Wisconsin we still had new 2014 CTX700N for sale $4500.Not a good seller,me thinks Honda is done with them.jasperj
Clearly Honda is "done" with the CTX700, but just like a couple of other Honda orphans (the CX/GL 500 & 650's and the Pacific Coasts), the CTX700's will be around for a long, long time. This will be true simply because of the fact that just like the other orphans, the CTX was built to last, and last they will. I'm convinced that my CTX trike will be running strong long after I'm dead and gone.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts