CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally get to join the club!

Got a 2015 CTX700N with the DCT, 3800 miles on it last week, for my upcoming 55th birthday. Coming back to riding after being gone for a year or…30! Loving it so far. Took the MS course in 2018 so I’m a bit rusty but it all came back. It’s been great! Looking to learn here, been lurking for years, waiting for the right bike to come along, looked at NC700s, the Versys X-300, but really wanted the DCT for where I live.

6’3”, 32 inch inseam, 215lbs or thereabouts.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome, I am mostly commuting and weekend riding in and around LA, will tow it in a trailer behind our Roadtrek this summer.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Plenty of info and good people here to help with any questions you might have. My favorite mod was floorboards.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Well, I finally get to join the club!

Got a 2015 CTX700N with the DCT, 3800 miles on it last week, for my upcoming 55th birthday. Coming back to riding after being gone for a year or…30! Loving it so far. Took the MS course in 2018 so I’m a bit rusty but it all came back. It’s been great! Looking to learn here, been lurking for years, waiting for the right bike to come along, looked at NC700s, the Versys X-300, but really wanted the DCT for where I live.

6’3”, 32 inch inseam, 215lbs or thereabouts.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome, I am mostly commuting and weekend riding in and around LA, will tow it in a trailer behind our Roadtrek this summer.

Jim
Welcome (back) & congratulations! With your size, a '15 or later o.e. seat likely will not be comfortable for long. (lots of info here) Suggest focusing on basics; S.E.E., head & eyes up, you go where you look, etc. Best Wishes!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And; as Honda says; w/DCT, shift to neutral before engine shut off.;)
Right! I've only missed that once. Nothing happened, but noted. Man, I love this thing! Still learning how it all works. Yesterday, I put gas in it. I know I'll eventually change the seat, (6'3", 32 inch inseam, 215 lbs) if anyone has similar measurements or ideas), but for now, it's a great commuter, (3.5 miles) and I'm easing back into riding. Looking at probably a top case of some kind eventually too. Thanks for the welcomes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts