CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Doug here, My bike finally arrived to me in Connecticut last night, from a dealership in Virginia. I searched all over trying to land me one of these. I fell in love with the bike while browsing YouTube video bike reviews. I had to have one. Im getting older, i have a degenerative left ankle, so i felt like the DCT (no clutch peddle) to fiddle with would make my riding more enjoyable over the long run. Weather wasn't pleasant, but i had an opportunity to cruise my neighborhood to get my first feel for the bike. I bought this bike sight unseen, no test ride. I liked the balance, riding position, and overall control i had. Ill get some more riding in tomorrow evening and report back. :)-Doug

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Good looking bike, Doug. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I'm still loving my DCT for similar reasons. (I love my Corbin seat too). Hope you enjoy many years of riding.(y):)

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Welcome & Looking Good!(y) FYI: as Honda says; w/DCT, switch(shift) to neutral before shut off. Also bought mine w/no test ride, although I did see her up close (consignment sale @ dealer).
Lots of experienced folks here to offer advice...feel free to comment on your experience (before & after).;)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Dude, you did good!
That seat is not stock. Is it a Corbin?

You're gonna love that bike.
I've loved mine and plan on keeping it for at least a decade.
Welcome, and be sure and ask any question you might have.
This place is Full of helpful, sharing people.
If you have an issue, you'll find help here.
Take care, and
Keep the rubber side Down!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey folks, Doug here, My bike finally arrived to me in Connecticut last night, from a dealership in Virginia. I searched all over trying to land me one of these. I fell in love with the bike while browsing YouTube video bike reviews. I had to have one. Im getting older, i have a degenerative left ankle, so i felt like the DCT (no clutch peddle) to fiddle with would make my riding more enjoyable over the long run. Weather wasn't pleasant, but i had an opportunity to cruise my neighborhood to get my first feel for the bike. I bought this bike sight unseen, no test ride. I liked the balance, riding position, and overall control i had. Ill get some more riding in tomorrow evening and report back. :)-Doug
Doug...congratulations on the dct model. Similar situation. After riding goldwing motorcycles for many years, I decided to get back on the bike. My feet and toes function, but with neuropathy caused by the effects of chemotherapy and lymphoma, I feel safer without a clutch pedal. The ctx700 with dct are hard to find, even with a nationwide search. So I have my ctx700 manual transmission 2014 model for sale, posted today, july 1st, 2020. I agree....great balance, easy to mount, move off kickstand, and maneuver. I will probably have to buy from another part of the country and pay some stiff fees. Unless one pops up locally!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Reactions: CT-X700DCT

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
Doug...congratulations on the dct model. Similar situation. After riding goldwing motorcycles for many years, I decided to get back on the bike. My feet and toes function, but with neuropathy caused by the effects of chemotherapy and lymphoma, I feel safer without a clutch pedal. The ctx700 with dct are hard to find, even with a nationwide search. So I have my ctx700 manual transmission 2014 model for sale, posted today, july 1st, 2020. I agree....great balance, easy to mount, move off kickstand, and maneuver. I will probably have to buy from another part of the country and pay some stiff fees. Unless one pops up locally!
Define "locally." If Vegas is local enough (assuming you have a trailer hitch), CycleTrader.com has a NOS 2016 naked DCT for $5k and there were a couple more within a similar radius. Check it out & good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700N
53 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas. Congrats on the bike. I’m in kinda the same boat with my “old” knees. Recently switched from a dual sport bike (Too Tall) to the CTX.
You have a GREAT time on your new ride. Keep us informed on what you’re doing with and to the bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum; nice looking bike. Now the fun begins as alternations and additions of accessories begins.
Speaking of, I did notice my Puig windshield does come in contact with my handlebars(oil res) if i go extreme left or right with my bars. When researching this bike, I recalled reading this issue, and was looking into a tall Cee Cee Bailey windshield (only to now discover CB is no longer being made, ugh!!) I guess this isnt a huge deal, but i'll discover more when i take my bike out this weekend for a real test at higher speeds. BTW, where can i buy OEM saddle bags with matching blue panels?? CANT FIND ANYWHERE.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I installed the one from the video from Webike and like it. Do a search for it on the forum and you will find some reviews of it. You can also get one from TRex Racing, Hepco Becker or there may be others out there.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Welcome MaryQ!(y) You sound like my kind of rider! You may want to submit a new post under "new member introductions"... as your intro may be missed, under this thread started by another new member.
Sounds like a good trade to me.;) FYI: as Honda says; w/DCT, shift/(switch) to neutral before shutting off engine . Looking forward to your participation!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Also want center kickstand, cant find
T-Rex Racing makes a center stand for the CTX that goes on without modification. Several videos, one provided by T-Rex, show how to mount it. I have one...works great.

Reactions: 350Four

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dude, you did good!
That seat is not stock. Is it a Corbin?

You're gonna love that bike.
I've loved mine and plan on keeping it for at least a decade.
Welcome, and be sure and ask any question you might have.
This place is Full of helpful, sharing people.
If you have an issue, you'll find help here.
Take care, and
Keep the rubber side Down!
Thanks, and yes, im lovin' the Corbin seat. I got tons of questions I'll present to the group soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello! I live in MN and rode to Charlotte, NC to trade my Victory for a 2016 DCT. Looking forward to being a member of this group.
Hi Mary, Welcome....Im really kind of curious which dealership in Charlotte did you trade for the CTX? I had a sale pending, and they sold the bike on me after i had already secured financing. I was SOOOOOOO furious with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome MaryQ!(y) You sound like my kind of rider! You may want to submit a new post under "new member introductions"... as your intro may be missed, under this thread started by another new member.
Sounds like a good trade to me.;) FYI: as Honda says; w/DCT, shift/(switch) to neutral before shutting off engine . Looking forward to your participation!
hey, just curious, i had gotten into the habit of dropping my kickstand down when ive come to a stop to dismount. i discovered when i drop my kickstand, it shuts the engine down, then i turn off the ignition. Are you saying this may damage my transmission or bike somehow if i dont switch to N?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts