CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
60 Posts
I am a new rider and I’m currently riding a 2021 Zero S Electric Motorcycle. I love it, but it’s not practical or comfortable for trips over 35-45 miles. I am looking for a Honda CTX700 or CTX700N with a DCT transmission. Hit me up if you find one!!

Here is my current bike which I love!! View attachment 88941
View attachment 88940
Welcome to the Forum! Great pics, very cool bike. You make a great pair... I've never ridden an electric... I think you'll love the CTX with DCT, and you do have the option of shifting if you choose to. When i first acquired mine (this past July), I shifted for about a week and thought "this is crazy", cause I wanted to get away from all the clutching I was doing on my H-D. Now I'm either in 'sport' mode or just 'drive,' which will make sense to you when you find one - Good luck, I would think there's something available given the size community you're in! Best wishes for a good week, happy trails

·
Registered
2021 Zero S
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!! I found one at a Honda dealership with a DCT near me but it’s got 50k miles on it and looks like it spent a lot of time outside. It’s a 2015 CTX700. They are asking $4900. Thoughts? Seems like a high price for the condition it’s in.

I saw another one about 2 hours away from me, a 2014 CTX700N which is my preference asking $4500. Hoping to see that one!, and hoping it’s not a dealership fake to get you in the shop.

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
60 Posts
Thank you!! I found one at a Honda dealership with a DCT near me but it’s got 50k miles on it and looks like it spent a lot of time outside. It’s a 2015 CTX700. They are asking $4900. Thoughts? Seems like a high price for the condition it’s in.

I saw another one about 2 hours away from me, a 2014 CTX700N which is my preference asking $4500. Hoping to see that one!, and hoping it’s not a dealership fake to get you in the shop.
I like how you think - you're on the right track with both of these potentials. Just ask them, is this a private sale or are you a dealership...? If they can't give you an honest answer to that one you don't want to buy from them maybe? I also have a list of questions you can ask [to any potential seller], I can send it if you want to see it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Love that second photo (good thing you were wearing your helmet!) SoCal seems to be full of used bikes, so be patient. 50K = way too many imho. Some dealers are clueless (surprise!) so sometimes they advertise a bike as DCT when it isn’t. In a right-side photo you can check for the small ABS ring on the front wheel. All 2018’s are DCT/ABS.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Registered
2021 Zero S
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure!!! I’d love to see the questions. I just realized I am off of work on Thursday so I might take a ride down to the two dealers in San Diego that have he CTX DCT.

QUOTE="Peter the Penguin, post: 953561, member: 48266"]
I like how you think - you're on the right track with both of these potentials. Just ask them, is this a private sale or are you a dealership...? If they can't give you an honest answer to that one you don't want to buy from them maybe? I also have a list of questions you can ask [to any potential seller], I can send it if you want to see it?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
60 Posts
Sure!!! I’d love to see the questions. I just realized I am off of work on Thursday so I might take a ride down to the two dealers in San Diego that have he CTX DCT.

QUOTE="Peter the Penguin, post: 953561, member: 48266"]
[/QUOTE]
Here ya go!

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Zero S
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I agree. 50k is too high.. I might consider the bike for like $3000, maybe $3500 out the door. But, meh.....I like the look of a the naked one better anyone. I'm going to see this one on thursday. It's a little far from me, but I'll figure it out. This one has about 13k Seems more reasonable.

·
Registered
2021 Zero S
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Love that second photo (good thing you were wearing your helmet!)"

I had helmet hair!!
Oh, Btw, that picture is ending up in a 2022 Calendar of real women who ride motorcycles:

"SoCal seems to be full of used bikes, so be patient. 50K = way too many imho."

I agree. I'm looking at one with 13k now. Not that great, but better than 50k.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Yeah, I agree. 50k is too high.. I might consider the bike for like $3000, maybe $3500 out the door. But, meh.....I like the look of a the naked one better anyone. I'm going to see this one on thursday. It's a little far from me, but I'll figure it out. This one has about 13k Seems more reasonable.
That one w/13k mi. could be interesting. If serviced @ Honda dealer, vin would bring up any service records, very good to know. Oil/filter changes, air filter, valve adjustment, chain/sprockets?, tires, battery, etc. Price should be negotiable.

Way to Go on the calendar & the MSF training!(y) We all get helmet hair, it's a badge of honor, something to be proud of, LOL:sneaky:. Maybe check out MCRider.com, too. Learning is a lifelong endeavor. Methinks your writing would be a good read.;)

·
Registered
2021 Zero S
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I learned to stop with one foot down from watching MCRider. 😁 yeah the one in San Diego, the guy just texted me that he registered it today so it’s even good for another year

That one w/13k mi. could be interesting. If serviced @ Honda dealer, vin would bring up any service records, very good to know. Oil/filter changes, air filter, valve adjustment, chain/sprockets?, tires, battery, etc. Price should be negotiable.

Way to Go on the calendar & the MSF training!(y) We all get helmet hair, it's a badge of honor, something to be proud of, LOL:sneaky:. Maybe check out MCRider.com, too. Learning is a lifelong endeavor. Methinks your writing would be a good read.;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
The bike in San diego is located approximately where I lived in the Navy. One thing to remember is there is NO storage on this ride. It will cost you anywhere from a couple 100 $'s to over $1000 to add such stuff IF you want it.
Good luck and take your time.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If they bring the NT1100 DCT to the US in 2022 at a decent price you may be able to find a lot of used CTX700’s for sale next year. It has many of the qualities of what the CTX700 is lacking in some riding situations that owners of the CTX are looking for. Almost double the HP for two up riding, 5.2 gal tank @ 47MPG = more range, Only a little over 60 lbs more weight , seat height is 32.3 inch vs CTX 28.3 which may be a deal breaker for some. I will definitely be giving the NT a close look but based on my riding location of 90% beach traffic and very little highway running, for the price, the CTX DCT cant be beat for the $4000 I paid for it used. The CTX DCT makes the ultimate beach cruiser and in that environment it blows away the competition but in high speed highway distance riding and not so well kept roads the bike is lacking. Buy the right bike for your riding location and what you plan to do with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a new rider and I’m currently riding a 2021 Zero S Electric Motorcycle. I love it, but it’s not practical or comfortable for trips over 35-45 miles. I am looking for a Honda CTX700 or CTX700N with a DCT transmission. Hit me up if you find one!!

Here is my current bike which I love!! View attachment 88941
View attachment 88940
New to the group and just bought a 2017 CTX700 DCT with only 647 miles. Back to you. If you haven’t bought yet, there is a red 2014 CTX700N DCT in Tucson, Ridenow Powersports East store for 5k with 9200 miles. Very clean. Visit store online for pics.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
If they bring the NT1100 DCT to the US in 2022 at a decent price you may be able to find a lot of used CTX700’s for sale next year. It has many of the qualities of what the CTX700 is lacking in some riding situations that owners of the CTX are looking for...
I like the look of it, if I was in the market the NT1100 would be top of my list of bikes to check out. $17,000USD is a bit pricier than I like, but it beats a Prius!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts