CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the new riders, end cramps or sore throttle hand on longer rides.

spend very little and you can just rest your palm on this and release your grip and relax you fingers on your right hand. Easy on and Easy off.

Throttle boss by kuryakyn. www.kuryayn.com
Can find on Ebay many flavors

. thottle rest.jpg

Reactions: 11465

·
Registered
126 Posts
So this cramp buster doesn't get in the way of regular throttle handle operation?

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you roll it forward it slips on the grip and you can point it down out of the way. So looking from the bar end turning clockwise it slips, counter clockwise it grips and thus turns the throttle. Be warned if you have it a little high it can still be giving it gas while trying to do a hard stop. I don't have one on the CTX700 but I've banged the rev limiter on my Vstrom more than once grabbing brakes, clutch, and puckering on the seat avoiding idiots in cages.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Crampbuster

So this cramp buster doesn't get in the way of regular throttle handle operation?
Nope. You just twist it out of the way until you need it. Then rotate it forward around the grip, until it winds up under your palm with the right hand pressure for the speed you want. Available in all m/c stores. Amazon may have it cheaper.
f

·
Registered
115 Posts
as a carpal tunnel sufferer, i swear by the cramp buster. i use 'em on every bike or scoot i've owned. best $11 for a travel range increase you can spend!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Following all these positive posts, I bought a crampbuster at Amazon. Easy on, easy off. Position it where you like. Works great to relax the right hand.

Reactions: Effem Tee

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm still uneasy about trying it, afraid it'll be getting in the way. I guess there is only one way to find out.

mandavdle, which size did you buy? It comes in several sizes, AFAIK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used a cramp buster for over 12 months as I was suffering pins and needles, it worked like a charm..... until I started suffering pain in my inside elbow which I believed was caused by the cramp buster making me hold my arm at the wrong angle, especially at highway speeds.
I have since removed the cramp buster and find that the pain in my elbow has gone and I rarely get pins and needles anymore. I also found that it would sometimes keep the throttle open when reaching for the brake lever when stopping in a hurry.... a bit scary so I got rid of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used a cramp buster for over 12 months as I was suffering pins and needles, it worked like a charm..... until I started suffering pain in my inside elbow which I believed was caused by the cramp buster making me hold my arm at the wrong angle, especially at highway speeds.
I have since removed the cramp buster and find that the pain in my elbow has gone and I rarely get pins and needles anymore. I also found that it would sometimes keep the throttle open when reaching for the brake lever when stopping in a hurry.... a bit scary so I got rid of it.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
often the case that what works for one will not work for another. Most users have found them useful. Adjusting it correctly is key.

There are other solutions too. I had a 1979 CB650 that had a clamping mechanism that you flipped a lever on and it held the throttle and you could flip the lever easily to release it. They still sell it too.

All devices have to be used with common sense like we should not use cruise control on mountain roads and so on.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Pete,
CB1 from Amazon for around seven bucks. Can be twisted forward and under out of the way for city riding, then twist round and back up for lonnger hauls on the open road.

Reactions: Effem Tee

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cycle Gear stores sell the cramp buster and they are on sale for $5.95 the month of September. I have a store near me so I just picked one up for my new CTX but it seems too loose. I've used cramp busters on quite a few bikes, even a Goldwing since cruise control doesn't work in the twisties!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is a Crampbuster fitted to the inside of the twistgrip and reversed so that you push it with your thumb, seems to take the pressure off the wrist.(Not suitable for manuals)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Throttle Safety

If you really want to relax that hand and be safe - look at brakeway throttle control. I have been using them since 2005. Automatically releases the throttle control when you hit the front brake.

Dave

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you really want to relax that hand and be safe - look at brakeway throttle control. I have been using them since 2005. Automatically releases the throttle control when you hit the front brake.

Dave
I have one on my Boulevard now. I love that thing! I can set it and put my arm down and get the blood circulating again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I purchased a KURYAKYN UNIVERSAL ECONO-THROTTLE ASSIST MOTORCYCLE CRUISE CONTROL on ebay for less than $30, I love it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts