• “Some of the gear, Some of the time”

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • “None of the gear, None of the time”

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I generally ride with all the gear all the time. I have posted pictures of my gear and all the damage it sustained in my serious accident 3 years ago. Damage to my jacket, helmet, boots, gloves, but not to ME!
well, I did get a few bumps and bruises. But the road rash my jacket took was incredible. And my helmet was miraculous.
But I am in Houston and it is HOT. So in the summer I have been know to ride with an armored mesh jacket and a less than full face helmet.

My wife and I ride and we are very safe.
She has 7 or 8 pairs of Harley boots. I have three. She has 8 or 9 pairs of gloves. I have a few.
But serious consideration must be given your riding gear. With an emphasis on safety. Then on comfort.
And don't forget safety or sun glasses!

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N
31 Posts
I would suggest another option for the poll, "All of the gear some of the time", which is what I do. I always wear my riding boots, full face helmet, armored jeans, and gloves. However, I'll skip the riding jacket in the hot summer weather and wear just a t-shirt.
This is me in a nutshell also. However, in summer I'll still wear an armored vest to protect the vitals, but with a long sleeved cotton t-shirt(I sunburn easily).

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
We used to have billboards up in California, that said "Prepare for the slide, not for the ride." ATGATT has been my method since I returned to "the road" some years ago. Gladly never had to rely on it, but it was comforting known that I was protected, even if it wasn't the most physically comfortable. Now that I'm "retiring" from riding, all the gear is going on eBay. I'll be finally getting that Miata (which my wife will be driving) and my "gear" will be cargo shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We used to have billboards up in California, that said "Prepare for the slide, not for the ride." ATGATT has been my method since I returned to "the road" some years ago. Gladly never had to rely on it, but it was comforting known that I was protected, even if it wasn't the most physically comfortable. Now that I'm "retiring" from riding, all the gear is going on eBay. I'll be finally getting that Miata (which my wife will be driving) and my "gear" will be cargo shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt.
my gear is actually very cozy. Unfortunate you are not riding anymore but glad you are happy about it.

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
Wear what you want, screw what everyone else thinks! Do you ride with full gear in a car? I highly doubt it...yet, it still applies....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts