Votes: 6 21.4%
  • “None of the gear, None of the time”

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my CTX700, I ride with Full Face helmet, Riding Jacket with CE armor, leather gloves with armor, Kevlar jeans with CE armor, and leather steel tip boots with slip proof soles. I live by the motto ”All of the gear, All of the time.”
I want to ride with “SOME of the gear, most the of time” especially in the summer, you know, just hop on the bike and go for a cruise but I can never bring myself to do it. My fear is that if I did that, I would be starting a bad habit.
[ I see so many people riding with no helmets and t-shirts and I scratch my head. I cringe when I see young people on scooters putting around with shorts and flip-flops.]

So, I wanted to find out how forum members ride with ”All of the gear, All of the time”.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nothing but a Speedo bathing suit. It's Florida.

I'm entirely joking...the entire community would need therapy if I were to publicly display myself that way. But the other Florida riders here will attest that swimsuits and flip flops are sometimes seen as the only thing donned by riders down here. Not the right choice for me.

Full face Arai, Klim mesh jackets & gloves, Levis, boots. Interestingly, I am noticing more Harley riders here in SW Florida wearing gear lately.

·
Registered
492 Posts
havent rode during summer yet, but my plan is mesh mesh mesh and more mesh.
Klim mesh is very good. I looked for alternatives and couldn't find any better option. Very good armor and flows a lot of air. Klim's mesh abrasion resistance is (at least was) supposed to be the best compared to other mesh options. Still hot at stop lights though.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I would suggest another option for the poll, "All of the gear some of the time", which is what I do. I always wear my riding boots, full face helmet, armored jeans, and gloves. However, I'll skip the riding jacket in the hot summer weather and wear just a t-shirt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Klim mesh is very good. I looked for alternatives and couldn't find any better option. Very good armor and flows a lot of air. Klim's mesh abrasion resistance is (at least was) supposed to be the best compared to other mesh options. Still hot at stop lights though.
I already have a jacket, coretech. Ill throw my d30 ce2 stuff in the elbows and shoulders and my alpine stars kr ce 2 back protector in it once i cannot wear my leathers.

also what would sound counterintuitive but does work, get a merino wool lightweight long sleeve shirt to wear under it. 2 benifets (make sure its pure wool)
1. it actually naturally is thermoregulating better then poly stuff and the second beni makes it superior in other ways
2. wool wont melt and well here is an excerpt said in context:
Wool is naturally flame resistant and offers a greater level of fire safety than other fibres. In addition, wool does not melt, drip or stick to the skin when it burns.Apr 20, 2020
it also blocks heat out so should assist in abrasion protection as a heat blocking layer. However wool will shred just as easily so dont wear wool only.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
227 Posts
All the gear, ALMOST all the time. Rarely I’ll make a run without my jacket. I think I’ve ridden once without my helmet.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Always. Only place I currently skimp are the pants but even then I make sure to have at a minimum quality thick jeans... Next up are the overpants and a few pairs of reinforced riding jeans.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Always. Only place I currently skimp are the pants but even then I make sure to have at a minimum quality thick jeans... Next up are the overpants and a few pairs of reinforced riding jeans.
im the same way, i JUST ordered diamond gusset pants and also have a set of icon leather hybrid overpants.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I wear almost all the gear, all the time. Full face Shoi helment (looking for new one as current helmet is getting on in age); full leather jacket with armour (Orange county chopper jacket I got a great price on...) or Icon mesh jacket with armour; variety of protective gloves depending on temperature; Alpnstar gore tex boots but with jeans, not always wearing leather chaps. With leaves on the ground, chaps all the time as that is one quick way to meet the ground.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wear almost all the gear, all the time. Full face Shoi helment (looking for new one as current helmet is getting on in age); full leather jacket with armour (Orange county chopper jacket I got a great price on...) or Icon mesh jacket with armour; variety of protective gloves depending on temperature; Alpnstar gore tex boots but with jeans, not always wearing leather chaps. With leaves on the ground, chaps all the time as that is one quick way to meet the ground.
if I see leaves I ensure to take them easy or minimally in a straight with throttle low or down

·
Registered
11 Posts
Always have since day one. Klim jacket Arai full face helmet, protective gloves, draggin jeans (although it is time to replace them as for some reason the waist seems to have shrunk over the years) and TCX boots. I fell once in a parking lot years ago and that hurt enough to make sure I never leave the house without it all.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I already have a jacket, coretech. Ill throw my d30 ce2 stuff in the elbows and shoulders and my alpine stars kr ce 2 back protector in it once i cannot wear my leathers.

also what would sound counterintuitive but does work, get a merino wool lightweight long sleeve shirt to wear under it. 2 benifets (make sure its pure wool)
1. it actually naturally is thermoregulating better then poly stuff and the second beni makes it superior in other ways
2. wool wont melt and well here is an excerpt said in context:
Wool is naturally flame resistant and offers a greater level of fire safety than other fibres. In addition, wool does not melt, drip or stick to the skin when it burns.Apr 20, 2020
it also blocks heat out so should assist in abrasion protection as a heat blocking layer. However wool will shred just as easily so dont wear wool only.
Oh I see. I thought you were looking for mesh. Interesting on the wool.
What, no flip flops? You gonna hurt yourself son.
It's very liberating.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts