CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new rider, so never heard for tutoro auto chain thing.
Just checked out online looks very interesting.
Where did you install it? And is it hard to do it?
Maybe show us picture.
I am really interested in getting one
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
Honda CTX700N DCT (2014) Mat gunpowder black & Honda VFR800X Crossrunner (2017) Mat gunpowder black
8 Posts
Reactions: ctxnewbie

·
Registered
213 Posts
On another forum there is a poster that states he never cleans only adds lube and the lube interval is long.
And his bike mileage is very high.
And you can tell he is not just stirring the pot. He posts a ton and helps out peoples troubles.
The whole point of lube is keeping the chain from rust.
From riding, the parts that are in close contact get cleaned by the chain movement.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Not everyone cares that much about chain maintenance.
Just like no one empties their water heater every year like it states in the manual!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I remove my chain and soak in in a solution of lye and lube it with vegetable oil infused with capsaicin.
Sorry for being a smart ass. Lubing the chain with a quality chain lube is important; I am using BelRay super clean. If you ride in a lot of sandy, dirty, wet roads cleaning once in a while becomes more important. Either use a chain cleaner for sealed motorcycle chains or kerosene which can be purchased at Walmart.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Remember under the seals is grease. If you flush out that grease how can you put it back? You can't. No amount of squirting lube on top of the seals will replace that. If your seals are damaged in any way cleaners will get in there and flush it out.

In the old days chains didn't have seals, so you had to clean them and lube them often. The language in most manuals hasn't changed but the technology has.

You can still buy chains without seals if you wish. They are mostly used for racing since the seals cause more friction and hp loss to the wheel.

·
Registered
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 2018 Kawasaki X300
70 Posts
Cheapest and easiest way....diesel fuel (kerosene), chain scrub brush and chain saw oil with the sticky additive so it doesn't fling off as much.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So Super Sneaky Steve - What your saying is just like the 3000 mile oil change everyone stood by for years and wasn't needed,
the chain clean and lube mileage is way to short and could be extended a bunch!
But just like politics, religion, and global warming try and get that message across!

·
Registered
915 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the cleaning product damaging the Orings. It is not soaking in the cleaner but is put on and wiped off in a matter of minutes. If the cleaner is getting into the Orings then the Orings are already not doing their job. Cleaning and relubing to my thinking is getting rid of salt, sand, and any grit thrown up on the chain. This causes friction between the chain and the sprockets. If as said that the Orings are allowing the cleaner to deplete the grease in them, then would they not do the same when riding in the rain.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts