CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in far north Georgia. Have stopped at 3 of the closest dealers to me and they know very little about the CTX700. Two of them have the bare bones model and have no idea when a fairing model will show up. I asked about white and got a totally blank stare.
Is Honda going to start shipping these bikes anytime soon?

Jack

·
Registered
898 Posts
The naked bike is on showroom floors in Florida. I was told about 4 to 5 weeks for the Fairing model to show up.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger about the dealer not knowing much. Honda is not doing a great job of educating their sales team on new models before they hit the floor. I knew way more than two dealers I stopped in about the bike.
Shameful, but I have seen this over the years with other motorcycles too. I just read a lot of magazines and internet blogs I guess. If I were a salesman, I would make it my business to know all about new models so I could sound educated to the customer.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I don't think Honda has given the dealers much info. I saw an informational video at my dealer and there was not much to it. I know I know more about the bike and it's due dates than the sales guy. However it was the manager that told me about the bike the day after it was announced.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've posted the following information on two different threads including one titled "availability dates", but here it is one more time:

According to the FB page at Southern Honda in Chattanooga, Honda has sent a bulletin out to dealers that states the CTX700N will start shipping at the end of May and first of June to all dealers.

The CTX700 will start shipping some time in July.

If the sales staff do not know, it's because they don't read the bulletins or the management does not distribute the bulletins for them to read.

To paraphrase Mark Twain...Some people who don't know; you can't tell them, but you can try!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thank Greg! Hey, since you sound knowledgeable about what Honda is supposed to receive, do the Bulletins include specs on the bikes as well or just Model and ship dates?

·
Registered
975 Posts
To paraphrase Mark Twain...Some people who don't know; you can't tell them, but you can try!
I think the quote actually comes from Yogi Berra. I get the two mixed up sometimes.

The specs. are on Honda's website and many of the dealers reprint it on their sites as well. Honda does not publish performance information, so you won't find horsepower, 0-60, etc., but the media sometimes will put Honda models on Dynos to get the information. We don't have that for the CTXs yet, but I think much of it can be found regarding the NC700X, which should be somewhat comparable.

The specs you do get is dimensions, curb weight, seat height, mpg, wheel size, suspension travel, etc.

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/ctx700/specifications.aspx

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/ctx700n/specifications.aspx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts