CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting on the forum. I'm thinking of saling my Honda Shadow 750 for a CTX700 Fairing with Auto. I 'm really liking the idea of automatic bike, because I'm usually have to seat in traffic about 2 hours a day. I'm just taking a poll have, but do you think this is a crazy trade off?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know. I think that having to constantly shift/brake/downshift/etc helps to keep you aware of traffic, and alert to the inherent dangers of riding a bike in traffic. If you want the auto, than sure.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
My wife went from an 09 Shadow Aero 750 and loves the CTX700 with fairing. She did not get the DCT but I have not seen any here with negative comments. The seating position is similar, in fact they have the same pegs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think you are crazy at all. I have all intentions of getting the DCT version. For a start I kind of like the gadgetry of it, and will ride in manual mode when I feel like it (I do this in my car too), but when I am commuting to work in heavy traffic I will use auto. The best of both worlds, oh and the DCT is faster 0-100kph for those red light dashes.
I do wish however that they had given us a "fake" foot shifter for the auto that we could use for gear selection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts