CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Which is better for the CTX 700 DCT chain and why? Sorry sorta still new to riding
I have 58,000 on my 14 CTX and still have the original chain and sprockets with very little wear or chain stretch. For about all of those miles I have used the ProHonda with graphite ,lubing the chain between 500 and 800 miles. Alot of rural and mountain roads with plenty of dirt. I don't waste my time cleaning the chain. I have never used the lube with Moly so I know nothing about it. My experience with the graphite is the why.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700ND
18 Posts
Which is better for the CTX 700 DCT chain and why? Sorry sorta still new to riding
I have used the Moly since purchasing my CTX in 2014 with no issues. Originally was told the Moly flings less....never tested it. But, you can't go wrong with either choice✌

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 58,000 on my 14 CTX and still have the original chain and sprockets with very little wear or chain stretch. For about all of those miles I have used the ProHonda with graphite ,lubing the chain between 500 and 800 miles. Alot of rural and mountain roads with plenty of dirt. I don't waste my time cleaning the chain. I have never used the lube with Moly so I know nothing about it. My experience with the graphite is the why.
Thanks, I just ordered a can. But you never clean the chain, just squirt more on and go?

·
Registered
472 Posts
58,000 miles has to go in the Guinness book.
You need to publicize your success

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, 58,000 don't seem that great to me. I would think anything much less on a street bike would be from abuse or lack of maintenance, not use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts