CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am missing a bolt on the right front inner cover. So, I went to Honda Parts Nation to order a new one. Part costs $1.88. Shipping is $18.90. Are you for real??? Any suggestions

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Order from the dealer(one of the few times I will ever suggest dealer for anything), you won't pay for the shipping. They will get it the fastest too as long as the next order meets their minimum $ for next order wich is usually $100 minimum.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Thanks Rebel
No problem.

My lowes has a nice supply of metric bolts, nuts. Might try there, not sure of the size, thread, take one in with ya, they can measure for you. Otherwise dealer is the way to go
You may find a metric to fit with same size, length and pitch. However, Lowe's and most other common hardware stores will not have what you really need which I am willing to bet is a stainless socket button head(I don't know which exactly but experience tells me). You may find bolt and even cap with or without stainless, but metric button heads are not common in U.S. manufacturing. The dealer or a dedicated hardware place like fastenal will have it or can get it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No problem.

You may find a metric to fit with same size, length and pitch. However, Lowe's and most other common hardware stores will not have what you really need which I am willing to bet is a stainless socket button head(I don't know which exactly but experience tells me). You may find bolt and even cap with or without stainless, but metric button heads are not common in U.S. manufacturing. The dealer or a dedicated hardware place like fastenal will have it or can get it.
Don't think I have gotten a metric bolt with standard head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts