CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
The service manual documents it pretty well. Remove right crankcase cover page 12-57 / 5 min. Remove dual clutch page 12-66 / 5 min. Remove reduction gear cover page 12-70 / 5 min. Remove gear shift linkage page 12-73 /5 min. See picture bottom page 12-73 arrow #3 shift drum center bolt. Whoot there it is. Times are approximate. I could be wrong. I am not a motorcycle mechanic. It always looks easier than it is.:eek:
That's why I would like to see someone else do it. I am a visual learner...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where are you located?
May I ask; did you buy it new? How many miles when failure occurred? Is the bike always shifted into neutral before shutting off the engine? Just curious. Thanks;)
I would encourage you to file a complaint w/NHTSA, go to safercar.gov. It seems that, while the factory service reps are familiar with this problem, many dealer service departments are not and they should be. Even if this loose shift bolt is a relatively uncommon occurrence(?), one might think that a technical service bulletin should be issued from Honda, in order to avoid the costly misdiagnosis and potential accident/injury.
Its an old stock 2015 CTX700n dct i bought it brand new with i think 5 miles on it only, I got it february 2017 in Wisconsin honda dealership.I never ride a dct before so i dont know the difference if its pulling right or using its power right all i noticed is for a 700cc bike its kinda slow that time,but we don't mind it and actually considered it safer for my her to ride because she avoids highways its her daily commute to work, And yes she always put it in neutral before she switched the engine off, the Dct problem occurs a month after i had its first oil changed (600miles) In our nearby hondamotorsport dealership.

thank you for that link i will surely report that problem/issue.😃

21 - 22 of 22 Posts