CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CTX700 DCT ABS, OEM Saddle Bags, Madstad windshield
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install a top case on my CTX700 and was wondering if anyone had tried to adapt the top case for the NC700X (part number 08L55-EWL-100E) to a CTX. The two bikes already share saddle bags, but with different decorative panels. The NC700X top case requires a rear carrier (part number 08L71-MKA-A30) which is very different than the CTX rear carrier. If the NC700X top case comes with a mounting plate that gets attached to the rear carrier this should be easy to adapt to the CTX rear carrier. But, I haven't been able to verify if the NC700X top case comes with a mounting plate or just latches to its rear carrier. The information from Honda is lacking and I haven't found a sales person that knows. Does anyone out there know? Otherwise I'll get a Shad or Givi top case. Speaking of Shad , does anyone know how the supply line from Shad has been lately? I've read some members' post indicating they got the run around trying to get items from Shad. Thanks, Manny

·
Registered
900 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, no, the NC700 top box and mounting hardware are not compatible with the CTX700.

I'd suggest you get a rear carrier/luggage rack that's specific to the CTX700, then mount a Givi or -- my personal favorite -- Shad box using their universal mounting plate.

Although I truly love Shad's wares, I don't love dealing with Shad USA. I tried repeatedly to buy a replacement part directly from them, and gave up after 4 broken promises by their customer support to find out whether I needed additional parts to complete the replacement. Pfui.

So I'd suggest you purchase from a re-seller that has what you want in stock. You might even find the re-seller's pricing is better than going directly to Shad USA.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm looking to install a top case on my CTX700 and was wondering if anyone had tried to adapt the top case for the NC700X (part number 08L55-EWL-100E) to a CTX. The two bikes already share saddle bags, but with different decorative panels. The NC700X top case requires a rear carrier (part number 08L71-MKA-A30) which is very different than the CTX rear carrier. If the NC700X top case comes with a mounting plate that gets attached to the rear carrier this should be easy to adapt to the CTX rear carrier. But, I haven't been able to verify if the NC700X top case comes with a mounting plate or just latches to its rear carrier. The information from Honda is lacking and I haven't found a sales person that knows. Does anyone out there know? Otherwise I'll get a Shad or Givi top case. Speaking of Shad , does anyone know how the supply line from Shad has been lately? I've read some members' post indicating they got the run around trying to get items from Shad. Thanks, Manny
If you have a naked model, the Givi brackets for their top case preclude you from also installing side cases.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
If the NC 700 is like the NC750, with the rear pillion folding up to get access to the gas tank, I think you may need something that is model specific so it won't interfere with gas tank access.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts