CTX 700 Forum banner

Honda Manual Dexterity Test

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  CEETEEX 
#1 ·
I have the Honda saddlebags but haven't been able to install because I don't yet have the saddlebag stays.

Decided to do the key lock kit installation.
In order for the ignition key to operate the saddlebag locks the lock pieces come separate in little plastic bags.
Seems a lot like I imagine a locksmith training course would be.

This is a true test for arthiritic fingers.
Tiny springs that must go in little holes, along with tumblers. Oops, that isn't correct so you must try 3 different tumbler combinations until everything fits.

Eventually......it works. Now need alcohol....not for the locks, just to relieve those fingers from the inside.
Cheers!

#2 ·
alcohol, the best Joint Juice.

#4 ·
I feel your pain. When I keyed my first lock, I goofed up, and failed to use the black spring in the final hole (the one with the pin that holds the cylinder in place, once everything is assembled). I'd incorrectly used one of the silver springs, instead. I had to carefully get the pin pulled back out, which resulted in the other pins and springs flying all over, and me having to start again, from scratch. You'd be amazed at just how far those little springs can fly, once given the chance.

#5 ·
Instructions

I've got my saddle bags back rest and tall windscreen installed after considerable effort. No instructions at all from Honda not a word. Did find some helpful information here on this forum. Didn't seem much on the locks themselves. last step to finish up.

Can some one point me in the right direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.