CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently contacted via email, 4 different Honda dealers within 150 miles asking for a quote and availability of a CTX700d plus saddlebags and windshield, and I have yet to hear back from any of them. Are they just not interested unless you show up in person?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
emails are not as good as a phone call where you can get names of managers and then have them follow up with email to confirm price. We all get lots of emails that go nowhere and maybe that is their attitude. My 2 cents

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had the same problem...and no luck with phone calls either. I call dealers and tell them what I want..and they say they will call back with a quote, and they never get back to me.
Perhaps it just has to do with what they have on the floor. Most of the dealers I have talked to have the naked model, and are willing to give me a quote on that, but aren't willing to give me a quote for ordering the fairing model.

Finally reached a dealer that would give me at least a modest amount of customer service, but maybe that was just because they had a fairing model in stock!
I'll be driving 5 hours next Saturday to get my bike, and trailering it back home.

I'm not very impressed with the Honda dealer network here in the Southeast.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I found dealers in Wichita and Kansas City very helpful but none in stock and most had a waiting list with no idea when they would get their first one. I found one "per the website" in Oklahoma and emailed as it was after-hours. The dealer called me back the next morning within and hour or so after opening and had one in stock. They gave me a quote and I put a down payment on it. I'll be picking it up n a couple days.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I have recently contacted via email, 4 different Honda dealers within 150 miles asking for a quote and availability of a CTX700d plus saddlebags and windshield, and I have yet to hear back from any of them. Are they just not interested unless you show up in person?

Do yourself a favor and drive to Chattanooga and SAVE a ton. Just over 250 miles for you and they have a great selection

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had that issue as well. No one emailed me back nor returned my phone call. I went to the local Honda here in Houston with my pre approved paperwork in tow and had not one but two sales person at the mercy of my feet giving me all the perks of owning the CTX 700. If you have the opportunity to drive to the location by all means do so!

Good luck!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry to hear y'all are having a tough time getting the customer service that you deserve. I was told that the first were going to "tier 5" dealers, shops that has the highest sales in prior months. That's probably no help to you but it is just what I am aware off. Bottom line money talks, bs walks so get your money down and bug the heck of the manager every day until you get info. Then call another nearby dealer and tell them you got your money down but the sale goes to the first bike. Worked for me I traded dealers, but I got one of the first DCT-fairing models in Florida and took delivery way sooner than expected. Then got my deposit back from original dealer.

Good luck

·
Registered
975 Posts
What dealer in Chattanooga?
I have dealt with Honda dealers in middle and east TN, because it's the area closest to where I live. I have some issues phoning dealerships during the week and email works much better for me, because my cell phone has no signal at work, and I have a gov't job and can't use it to make long-distance calls while there.

There are two dealerships in Chattanooga. Southern Honda and Honda of Chattanooga.

Southern Honda is the #1 Honda Powersports dealer in the U.S. with respect to sales. They will tell you that they sell below MSRP and no fees but due to Honda rules on advertising, cannot advertise below MSRP. They have been behind the 8 ball with respect to the CTX700 and CTX700N. They did not have any CTX700Ns available for delivery until July 30, which is a full two months after many other dealers. They do not expect the first CTX700s (fairing models) until August 8 and won't be ready for delivery until around the 10th. They've got only three or four coming. They are, however, very responsive to emails and phone calls. I cannot fully recommend them, because I've not completed my sale and can't say for sure whether or not they've got any tricks up there sleeves, but I have a deposit with them on a CTX700 (standard, fairing model in red). They could not give me a definite price; but promised no more than MSRP + tax, title, and registration.

Honda of Chattanooga advertises that they are aggressive on pricing and urges one to call them for prices, however, they did not answer any of my emails until after my third attempt. I replied to their eventual response inquiring about a trade. They did not answer my reply. I eventually called them on the phone when I saw that they had CTX700Ns on their website. The salesperson I got was rude and told me that they only deal with what they have now and would not trade for a very hot-selling scooter.

Sloans in Murfreesboro (near Nashville) wanted an extra $600 above MSRP after fees, but they were responsive to my needs via phone. They did not answer my email inquiries.

Honda of Knoxville did not answer my emails and was unresponsive on the phone and in person with me. I went in there once, and they seemed to deal only with dealer stock during my visit and did not no anything about the upcoming CTX.

Alot of dealers, at least in my area, don't want to spend time with models until after they have them in stock. The problem with that method of operation is that, when you're dealing with a limited distribution and a new model, one can't wait till they are in stock, because they'll be gone as soon as it's out of the crate, and one almost has to get lucky in one's timing.

Even though I don't want to recommend a dealer on this forum, I can say that Southern Honda will talk to you about whatever you are interested in, and that people come from far and wide to shop there. They get Gold Wing and ATV riders from as far away as Michigan. I've witnessed this personally on their FB page. I'm not sure if this is more about availability and selection, pricing, great customer service or a combination of all three.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the info. Glad to see that it,s not just me. Chattanooga is a little far for me, but I will contact them.

·
Registered
975 Posts
They will give you a price if you call.
With regards to Southern Honda, my information is somewhat dated. I left a deposit before the fairing model even showed up on their order sheets. At that time, they didn't have a price. I figured they had a price now since they have a ship date. I told them to give me a real trade value and sell me the bike for the same price they will sell to everyone else. They said that's the only way the deal. I hope that will be the case upon delivery. A trade in the deal really complicates things. I wish that I could have sold the scooter, but I can't have both at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I also spoke to Russellville in AR and they are the cheapest out there at the present time, and they have bikes on the floor. They have the only CTX bikes listed on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
There is a White CTX700 here in Palestine, TX and one red and one black CTX700N. They made me a good deal here and they are a Tier 5/Powerhouse dealership. The manager did say he did not know when he would get another D in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Trying To Buy Used From A Dealer!

Just tried this week to buy TennesseeSmiths used CTX700D from Cool Springs Honda in Franklin TN. He had traded it in on a new CTX1300. After 2 days of emails thru their website I finally got the sales manager to respond by sending him a direct email. He told me they planned to send the used CTX to their rental fleet. Wouldn't even give me a price on the bike! Tried to sell me new CTX's they had on the floor and then add the accessories that Ken had already put on his bike. I told them I wanted to save money by buying used, didn't want a new one. My last message to them was if they wouldn't sell me Kens old bike I guess I would have to find another dealer or private sale opportunity! They didn't even bother to respond! In all my many years of buying bikes and cars I've never had a dealer refuse to sell me a vehicle they had on the floor!

Pathfinder

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I recall he did not have a great experience buying new..........and traveled for his CTX1300
Yes, this is the "GOOD" dealer he traveled 250 miles to trade with!

My experience was very disappointing with this dealer.

Pathfinder

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Yes, this is the "GOOD" dealer he traveled 250 miles to trade with!

My experience was very disappointing with this dealer.

Pathfinder
They may have just been committed and couldn't make a deal. I find it interesting about the rental though. Never heard of being able to rent a bike here in the US.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They may have just been committed and couldn't make a deal. I find it interesting about the rental though. Never heard of being able to rent a bike here in the US.
I'm quite familiar with rentals. Lots of Harley dealers rent bikes. I have rented them in Hawaii and Florida. We have a great Moto Guzzi/Aprilia/MV Agusta/Suzuki dealer in north Georgia that rents bikes (they will also sell you a bike out of their fleet if you want one). BMW and Gold Wing rentals are quite common in the US also. I have friends from Germany who have rented Harley's to tour Florida and BMW's to tour the Rocky Mountains. It's no big deal finding rentals but finding an excellent all around dealer like my Guzzi dealer in N. Ga. Is very difficult indeed.

Pathfinder

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I was shopping, I went on the Honda website and configured the bike the way I wanted, got preapproved for financing and selected the dealer I wanted. Never got a call and when I went into the dealer to see what was up they didn't know what I was talking about. After some effort and phone calls they were finally able to retrieve the data. Obviously, many dealers are not on-board with the digital age.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts