CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Australia only will be getting the Honda CTX700 with DCT in the faired version. I was wondering if anyone out there knows or have tried to remove the front fairing, if possible how does it look? I was originally hoping that the naked DCT version would be available but unfortunately is not.

Any help would be much appreciated, the decision to buy the DCT version doesn't come lightly as I will be paying over $12k AUD for the bike brand new.

Thanks in advance! :)
:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! $12K? Isn't the AUD$ pretty close to equal as US$.

Do you not have the option for the naked version CTXD?

Why do you want to get a fairing model and remove the fairing?
Yeah, went into the local Honda Dealership and that was the quoted price!

1 Australian Dollar equals
0.95 US Dollar

Unlucky for us over here we only have the manual version of the naked, the faired and then the DCT faired CTX.

I really like the Naked DCT version but we won't get it here. I maybe was hoping with the fairings removed they could be similar, but looking at photo's it could be an impossible feat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They give us less range and charge us extra over in Australia, guess that's what we get for having a smaller market.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It wouldn't be impossible just expensive. The frame is the same but thats where the similarity stops. You'd have to change everything that bolts to the frame. I have had the fairing off mine and its ugly without it. Like a pretty car without it's front fenders or hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wouldn't be impossible just expensive. The frame is the same but thats where the similarity stops. You'd have to change everything that bolts to the frame. I have had the fairing off mine and its ugly without it. Like a pretty car without it's front fenders or hood.
Thanks for the information, the things such as turning indicators? I think the fairings a growing on me, especially in black. Might even love it seeing it in person.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
what about the NC700X it has been out longer and offers the DCT over here. I would recommend that version if it comes in automatic if that is what you seek. Same motor and many aftermarket stuff already out while us CTX owners are waiting of the aftermarket stuff that seems to not be materializing very fast. good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
what about the NC700X it has been out longer and offers the DCT over here. I would recommend that version if it comes in automatic if that is what you seek. Same motor and many aftermarket stuff already out while us CTX owners are waiting of the aftermarket stuff that seems to not be materializing very fast. good luck
I looked at the NC700X, it probably was my first preference until the honda CTX700 came out, but unfortunately the NC700 with DCT is not available in Australia. I feel like we are missing out quite a bit over here as far as options go.

I have the feeling with the CTX its one of those things "only a mother could love" therefore not popular enough for all the goodies to come out as fast as other models. But I appreciate the Honda CTX for what it is and will be getting my hands on one ASAP, it's a great motorcycle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts