CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going about 45mph. Saw the sucker just as he went by my visor and he hit my left arm.

The impact didn't feel too great but it was a small bird. He was flailing around on the ground. Not dead, hoping he just got his bell rung and will be OK.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
He's probably dead or at the least has serious injuries that will lead to death. Birds are frail.

I took one to the chest at 65 once, there's no way he survived that!

·
Registered
263 Posts
My G/F & I were going W. on US-1 in the Keys, when a large Egret came flying out of the N. & hit her right arm, shoulder, chest & side. She never hit the brakes or nothing, she pushed it away to her L. the bird kept flying & she kept riding. We got home, I ask her if she was alright. "Yep, I'm fine" she said.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
My G/F & I were going W. on US-1 in the Keys, when a large Egret came flying out of the N. & hit her right arm, shoulder, chest & side. She never hit the brakes or nothing, she pushed it away to her L. the bird kept flying & she kept riding. We got home, I ask her if she was alright. "Yep, I'm fine" she said.
No doubt, your girlfriend is a keeper!! :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
howdy, yup, someone will chime in and say he was knocked over by a feather. i've braked for a feather that was trying to decide which of my shins to skin.
ken

·
Registered
280 Posts
Took a bird to the thigh at 60mph 2 week ago. Felt like being hit by a baseball in my college days. Blood was all over my pants and shirt. Left a grapefruit size bruise for several days

·
Registered
283 Posts
Oh! We're sharing bird stories...

I hit a bird when going 110km/hr (70mph) just outside Broken Hill many years ago on my Sportster. It knocked the bike (approaching 1/2 tonne incl rider, passenger and baggage) sideways and we did a dance along the road until I got the bike back under control. It all happened in slow motion.

We stopped. The front forks were bent. My wife had a sore knee. Our bags were strewn across the road. The bird was dead.

It was an emu.

Gonzo

·
Premium Member
381 Posts

She had no egrets?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh! We're sharing bird stories...

I hit a bird when going 110km/hr (70mph) just outside Broken Hill many years ago on my Sportster. It knocked the bike (approaching 1/2 tonne incl rider, passenger and baggage) sideways and we did a dance along the road until I got the bike back under control. It all happened in slow motion.

We stopped. The front forks were bent. My wife had a sore knee. Our bags were strewn across the road. The bird was dead.

It was an emu.

Gonzo
You win the bird story trophy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Last year I was riding along the shore of Lake Ontario on Edgemere Drive (prof knows the area) and I got hit by a Canada Goose taking off. The thing smacked me in the helmet with a wing. Did the "oh sh..." dance with the handlebars, but managed to stop without dumping the bike. Turned around and went home. Had a monster sore neck from that for a week. Those birds are big, but not emu-big.

Rude *BLEEP* didn't stop to see if I was ok, kept on flying. Not all Canadians are polite. ;P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts