CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nice to meet you all.
I currently ride a Piaggio Liberty 125 scooter, and yes I have ridden and owned real bikes as well; but scooters are like fat chicks, great fun to ride, you just don't want to let your mates see you on one. Lol.
Anyway I took a manual CTX700 for a short test ride last Friday, I must say that I really like the low down torque and after riding the scooter for the last few years the power was enough for me too. I very much like the styling of the bike as well. In Australia the naked version is $10,490 on the road +$500 if you want the fairing version (which I prefer). The DSG (+$1000) is not out here yet, they are saying late October or early November for it; but we do get ABS on even the base model.
I am going to take it for a longer ride this Saturday if the weather clears up, I want to ensure that after 40 min or so that I don suffer from numb bum syndrome.
I'll get the red one with the full pannier kit and backrest (+$1350), I just wish they would release factory running boards for it too

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice to meet you all.
I currently ride a Piaggio Liberty 125 scooter, and yes I have ridden and owned real bikes as well; but scooters are like fat chicks, great fun to ride, you just don't want to let your mates see you on one. Lol.
Anyway I took a manual CTX700 for a short test ride last Friday, I must say that I really like the low down torque and after riding the scooter for the last few years the power was enough for me too. I very much like the styling of the bike as well. In Australia the naked version is $10,490 on the road +$500 if you want the fairing version (which I prefer). The DSG (+$1000) is not out here yet, they are saying late October or early November for it; but we do get ABS on even the base model.
I am going to take it for a longer ride this Saturday if the weather clears up, I want to ensure that after 40 min or so that I don suffer from numb bum syndrome.
I'll get the red one with the full pannier kit and backrest (+$1350), I just wish they would release factory running boards for it too
Yes, take it for a longer ride. I think you will like it. I have the DCT version and I love it. I'm done with all the gear shifting stuff. I just grab the throttle and go. It's a very comfortable bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Definitely take it for the longer ride. I must be a bit old school though, because I think that shifting through gears is part of the fun of riding a motorcycle. I opted for the N model. If you like long road trips I guess the D model is great, but out here in canyon land I love the manual. Sure is nice to be able to drop down a gear or two before leaning into a turn, and then blast through it to the straightaway. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts