CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TODAY I pulled the trigger on a 2015 CTX700N DCT at a very friendly dealership in Tigard Oregon (that also sells BMWs). It's Silver and has a mere 3400 miles on it. I got it out the door (Oregon has no sales tax) for $5400. I'm replacing a Yamaha Morphous and I love the same foot forward feel, not to mention twist and go go go! It's already got a Madstad shield and a top box to hold my helmet or 12 pack. I'm putting a center stand on it ASAP as this kickstand is weak! Any recommendations are welcome. I think I'll keep the stock exhaust since it hides the swing arm. Here's to being retired and shiftless!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome, Dude. That's a screaming deal. I upgunned to a 2018 from a Yamaha Majesty and love mine for the same reasons.
Lots of interesting people and info on this site.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

You're gonna want to lay that windshield all the way back.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
TODAY I pulled the trigger on a 2015 CTX700N DCT at a very friendly dealership in Tigard Oregon (that also sells BMWs). It's Silver and has a mere 3400 miles on it. I got it out the door (Oregon has no sales tax) for $5400. I'm replacing a Yamaha Morphous and I love the same foot forward feel, not to mention twist and go go go! It's already got a Madstad shield and a top box to hold my helmet or 12 pack. I'm putting a center stand on it ASAP as this kickstand is weak! Any recommendations are welcome. I think I'll keep the stock exhaust since it hides the swing arm. Here's to being retired and shiftless!
View attachment 89048
Welcome, and you'll love the bike more every day. It's the same one I have. I used this center stand and love it. Watch the video. The spring installation is more tricky than shown in the video. Search this forum for t-rex centerstand spring install, and find some good suggestions.

Ride safe.(y):)

Reactions: SiliconForestDude

·
Registered
670 Posts
Congratulations on a smart purchase of an often overlooked and under appreciated motorcycle!! Enjoy the over 60MPG that the CTX delivers compared to the Morphous but in a full sized motorcycle. There are members here who have over 100,000 miles on the DCT with out issues. I own one and would highly recommend the DCT to anyone depending on their riding style and location. Recommendations would be to use the “Advanced Search” function of this forum to research any questions you may have. Many years of opinions of what works and doesn’t when it comes to accessories to be had here. For the build quality, reliability and technology you get for the money used, the CTX DCT is hard to beat.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good on reading the manual. Amazing how much easier things are when you follow the directions. Especially on checking the oil level which isn't even remotely similar to how you do it on a car. Have fun with the bike and with learning that shifting is highly overrated.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts