CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed T-rex's youtube installation video first, only to find out that they did not install the OEM luggage attach plate in the video...

For those of you who bought these T-rex guards for OEM luggage, did you put the OEM attach plate on top or under the luggage guard bolt openings? I could not figure out a way to install them that will leave enough clearance for the OEM luggage to attach.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I followed T-rex's youtube installation video first, only to find out that they did not install the OEM luggage attach plate in the video...

For those of you who bought these T-rex guards for OEM luggage, did you put the OEM attach plate on top or under the luggage guard bolt openings? I could not figure out a way to install them that will leave enough clearance for the OEM luggage to attach.

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, their current you tube install video depicts a CTX700N w/o any type of luggage. I installed Honda accessory side cases several years ago & later, the T-rex luggage guards. They will fit/work together but I do not recall some details. A search here may help.
These luggage guards may do more to prevent damage in a "tip over" than most "crash bars" or "engine guards".
Note for website; t-rex-racing.com;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts