CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Being a former a Burgman 650 rider, I got spoiled to be able to store my helmet in the under seat compartment.

My question to the forum is, can you share ideas as to helmet locks/holders and where they would be placed?

Thanks in advance

David :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Your CTX actually has one. Located on the left side under the seat. There is a cable located in the tool kit for this purpose. Would highly recommend investing in a good rear box for your helmet and other items.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
184 Posts
I took the cable that came with the bike and put it around the round frame bar below the gas tank on the left side. Took a zip tie and snuged it up. Went to Big Lots and bought a small $2.00 lock that will go through the d-ring. It keeps the helmet up off the ground and sort of out of sight. I use mine whenever I have the trunk full of groceries. The full helmet with flip up face shield is to big for the hard bags.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've always taken the helmet with me. Hate the idea of leaving the helmet out and getting wet, or insects in it. Then again i never had a top case or anything to store it in. Are they generally water tight?

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I've always taken the helmet with me. Hate the idea of leaving the helmet out and getting wet, or insects in it. Then again i never had a top case or anything to store it in. Are they generally water tight?
Yes. All your more expensive boxes are and Bestem is as well. Cheaper boxes can usually be made that way by inserting window screen gasket into the channel that runs around the box. Rear box addition is the most convenient way to store a helmet or two without having to drag it with you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mario, can you post a pic?
I took the cable that came with the bike and put it around the round frame bar below the gas tank on the left side. Took a zip tie and snuged it up. Went to Big Lots and bought a small $2.00 lock that will go through the d-ring. It keeps the helmet up off the ground and sort of out of sight. I use mine whenever I have the trunk full of groceries. The full helmet with flip up face shield is to big for the hard bags.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bought a helmet lock at Cycle Gear and mounted it to my Bestem box mount plate.

Reactions: Aveman

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I have the naked version without a rear rack. I put the Bikers Choice Helmet Lock - Black 74937BSE on the frame, stands out with flash pics, but blends in person. It's not spring loaded, but does the job. It comes with tamper-resistant screws, but I just used regular ones in case i didn't like the placement.

helmet_lock1.JPG

helmet_lock2.JPG

I apologize for the filthy bike, it was raining today. :)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Your CTX actually has one. Located on the left side under the seat. There is a cable located in the tool kit for this purpose. Would highly recommend investing in a good rear box for your helmet and other items.
I avoid trying to remove and replace the seat often since mine is so finicky.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the naked version without a rear rack. I put the Bikers Choice Helmet Lock - Black 74937BSE on the frame, stands out with flash pics, but blends in person. It's not spring loaded, but does the job. It comes with tamper-resistant screws, but I just used regular ones in case i didn't like the placement.

View attachment 5714

View attachment 5722

I apologize for the filthy bike, it was raining today. :)
I have the exact same lock located in the exact same place:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a set of locks that attach to each end of the handlebars. They work great

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys but the only problem I have with that lock is that the screws are one way and I guess you have to drill them out to remove it for any reason.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks guys but the only problem I have with that lock is that the screws are one way and I guess you have to drill them out to remove it for any reason.
Just go to a hardware store and pick up a couple of regular screws to replace the originals with. You could use straight, Philips ,or socket head screws.

Reactions: hazloaf
1 - 16 of 16 Posts