CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought a 2014 Honda CTX 700nd last month, I love it, except I need a windscreen on it. The Honda dealership I purchased the bike from told me they didn't make a windscreen for this bike, so I talked with a different Honda dealership located in a bigger city, thinking maybe my local dealership wasn't up to date on the latest accessories. I was assured that the windscreen for the CTX700 would fit my CTX700nd. The windscreen has arrived, but I do not see how it is going to fit my naked bike, the instructions & diagrams I printed off the Honda website does not match my bike. Can anyone tell me how I can get this to fit?? Please!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
There is no way the windscreen for the faired bike will fit on a naked version.
You need something like a Madstad windshield that has all the mounting mechanisms.
The screen for the faired bike bolts up to the fairing. The screen for the naked version bolts up to the handlebars.
Search the forum for Madstad and you will find a lot of info on the subject.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I know Honda doesn't make a windshield for my bike, but the Honda dealership assured me it would work. I was just wondering since I have the windshield already, if there was a way to use it in anyway before I sent it back, that is if they will even take it back.
Thank you

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Windscreen 2014 Honda CTX700

If anyone needs the tall windscreen for the 2014 Honda CTX700 fairing version, I have one.

·
Banned
463 Posts
If anyone needs the tall windscreen for the 2014 Honda CTX700 fairing version, I have one.
If I were you I would return it to the dealer and get a refund since they misled you.
There are/will be tall used windshields for sale by those of us who are replacing them with the aftermarket units.
You won't be able to compete with the price if you want to get your money back.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Windscreen 2014 Honda CTX700nd

Which is better, the Puig Stream Universal Windscreen, or the Madstad?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the cee bailey is the best looking one out there. Mustard looks like I made it in the garage, (sorry, my opinion). I have the tall honda w/s will be replacing next spring, center stand first.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cee bailey

Which model did you get, when I contacted them yday they told me they didn't have one for my bike?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Armdillo is thinking you have a fairing version bike.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think the cee bailey is the best looking one out there. Mustard looks like I made it in the garage, (sorry, my opinion). I have the tall honda w/s will be replacing next spring, center stand first.
I'll not retaliate in kind about what I think about the Cee Bailey from an appearance standpoint; appearance is totally personal. It appears to be, by all accounts so far, a well-performing screen, so I've got to give it its props. I've got the Madstad and don't know a garage that could have designed it with that intelligent adjusment system.

I will say, however, in defense of the Madstad, since it now needs defending, because its suffered an attack not based on performance, that I've had one of those mounstous windshields on my last ride. I much prefer the Madstad and what it does with much less wind pushing.

·
Banned
463 Posts
OK gregsf!
After all your philosophical discourses on a variety of subjects on this forum you still take this stuff too f___ing PERSONAL!
Like I said before.....RELAX.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Rebel13,
You tend to laugh too much on this forum. I just noticed all the HA-HAs you post.
These are not laughing matters. HA-HA

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yea lighten up.
The Mustad may be well engineered, but I want one that looks like it was made for my bike, not one that looks like I homemade it. Way too much hardware for me on the Mustad , the guard that blocks the air coming up from the fairing/triple also adds to the vacuum behind the w/s, the vent on the cee bailey will allow some air behind and directed upward to cut some of the air hitting your helmet. At least that's what the vent on my Goldwing did, and it allowed some air to hit me in hot weather situations.

They do make a foam "u" that will fill that for mentioned open area on the fairing,if that is a problem for som. It cost much less than the Mustad. Sorry, not a Mustad fan for several reasons. Not a fan of the Honda tall either. Will ordering my tall Cee Bailey after the holidays.

·
Registered
975 Posts
That may be a personal attack, you better watch it! HAHA
Well it is borderline on personal attack, because one usually doesn't preclude advice with the "F" word, unless he or she is expressing anger about someone's opinion, but, without a doubt, I'm being misunderstood by some.

Again, I am relaxed. One can't know my mood or the tone when I'm communicating through written media. Someone posted that he or she thought the Madstad was ugly (in a round about way). Nothing wrong with that post, and there should have been nothing wrong with my response. It was a product opinion as well. I posted that I preferred the looks of the Madstad, and I tried, in as a respectful way as I could, explain why I don't like the looks of the Cee Bailey. It's not for me. I, in know way had a problem with someone stating his or her opinion about the Madstad. There is a clear difference between that post of a product opinion and what Old Tom has stated on a couple of different occasions on two different threads, directed at individuals, with a clear attempt at trying to run people off. I'm just defending my choice and stating why. I didn't take it as personal, but I did sort of take Vulcan's response as personal.

And not sure about what to think about the criticism (at least I think it's a criticism) about my philosophical disclosures. Thought that was a major function of discussion forums.

Not to worry though, I'm going to give it a break and just read for a while, due to the fact that I'm being misunderstood and my input is not wanted by several.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts