CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to shout out to this great community; I had been out of the saddle for about 15 years, my previous ride was an '85 V65 Honda Sabre, which I had owned for about 20. I started looking at the CTX back in March/April, and I began reading this forum around that time - I gotta say most of my questions were answered before I even asked them!

In June I picked up my new-to-me 2014 CTX700A, which is the manual transmission version with abs.. only available in Canada as I understand it. We've been taking a little time to get used to each other - this is a much smaller, lighter package than my previous ride. I gotta say we are getting along just fine and I'm really pleased. Mine came along with the Honda bags and with the good advice and part# information available here, I picked up a main stand and backrest.

Anyway, I've been enjoying reading your posts, and I'm loving my new bike - just wanted to finally shout out and say hello and thanks for being here as I begin my next chapter.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Attachments

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. Your ride looks great. I know it'll give you much enjoyment and wind therapy.(y)
Ride safe.

Reactions: Jeffm

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to shout out to this great community; I had been out of the saddle for about 15 years, my previous ride was an '85 V65 Honda Sabre, which I had owned for about 20. I started looking at the CTX back in March/April, and I began reading this forum around that time - I gotta say most of my questions were answered before I even asked them!

In June I picked up my new-to-me 2014 CTX700A, which is the manual transmission version with abs.. only available in Canada as I understand it. We've been taking a little time to get used to each other - this is a much smaller, lighter package than my previous ride. I gotta say we are getting along just fine and I'm really pleased. Mine came along with the Honda bags and with the good advice and part# information available here, I picked up a main stand and backrest.

Anyway, I've been enjoying reading your posts, and I'm loving my new bike - just wanted to finally shout out and say hello and thanks for being here as I begin my next chapter.

Sincerely,

Jeff

View attachment 88473
Hi Jeff,I had mine about as long as you.Same color manual trans,I just call mine Red.I'm really loving it.I put about 1700 miles on it.It is real easy handling for me.jasperj

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Looking forward to many miles together with y'all :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi Jeff and welcome to the forum. Two questions: since you were trailering your bike, where did you get it? and what part of the Big Smoke are you from? I'm just down the road in Ottawa and heading through town tomorrow, but not by bike.
Phil

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jeff and welcome to the forum. Two questions: since you were trailering your bike, where did you get it? and what part of the Big Smoke are you from? I'm just down the road in Ottawa and heading through town tomorrow, but not by bike.
Phil
Hi Phil and thanks! I found my bike used on autotrader.ca; a dealer on W Hunt Club road had it advertised and I purchased it online. The original plan was for them to ship it to me, but by the time it was ready to go (that's another story) I decided to spend the money on other things, like gas, a U Haul rental, and road food, and go get her myself! I live in the east end of the city, Scarborough Bluffs area.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi Phil and thanks! I found my bike used on autotrader.ca; a dealer on W Hunt Club road had it advertised and I purchased it online. The original plan was for them to ship it to me, but by the time it was ready to go (that's another story) I decided to spend the money on other things, like gas, a U Haul rental, and road food, and go get her myself! I live in the east end of the city, Scarborough Bluffs area.
Likely the Ottawa Goodtime Centre? Just 2 km from my home! Many moons ago I lived near Morning side and Lawrence, right in your neck of the woods. I expect I will be going through your area by bike in late August or Sept. Maybe we can connect then. I have Shad side and top bags and a few other additions you may like. For long distances, I really like my Brake Away throttle lock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that's the one! Sure, let me know when you're coming through maybe we can meet up. I had a vista-cruise lock on my last ride - I loved it for long trips and also liked that it was a very small footprint on the handlebar - may go that route but sure, would be interested to check it out!

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
278 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice ride, amigo!!! You won't be disappointed, it is a great bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts